Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I got LTE for a brief moment at the Sleep Train Arena. My brother said he gets a constant LTE signal off of Club Center in North Natomas. Is July still a possible switch date?

I can tell you that a minor cluster centered around around the sacramento international airport was fired up about a week ago. 

PZ4xywl.png

They might get Rancho Cordova cluster fired up sometime this month as I saw lots of upgraded sites in my little trip out to middle of nowhere RC this weekend but absolutely do not see City of Sacramento or unincorporated county (Arden / Fair Oaks / Orangeville -> CItrus Heights / Roseville / Folsom) being fired up this month or next month unless they kick it into high gear.

• Like 1

I can tell you that a minor cluster centered around around the sacramento international airport was fired up about a week ago. 

They might get Rancho Cordova cluster fired up sometime this month as I saw lots of upgraded sites in my little trip out to middle of nowhere RC this weekend but absolutely do not see City of Sacramento or unincorporated county (Arden / Fair Oaks / Orangeville -> CItrus Heights / Roseville / Folsom) being fired up this month or next month unless they kick it into high gear.

Middle of nowhere...I represent that!

Errr....

Yeah, still hoping. The data is awful out there. If I see it pop up, you will be the first to know.

When Elk Grove gets LTE cluster launched/upgraded; will that include 800mhz?

When might that happen?

There is no LTE cluster launch. Cluster launches are for Network Vision 3G which forms the framework for implementation of LTE services which requires eCSFB which is only available on Samsung NV equipment. 

LTE sites get integrated one by one as backhaul is delivered by whoever is contracted just like how the cell site by the intersection of Bradshaw & Laguna was 4G integrated / accepted in the last report by Robert. 

I saw some tower work being done today at the corner of 16th and C street in midtown Sacramento. If they're out again in the morning I'll snap some pictures to see if it's a sprint tower or not.

• Like 1

I saw some tower work being done today at the corner of 16th and C street in midtown Sacramento. If they're out again in the morning I'll snap some pictures to see if it's a sprint tower or not.

I would rate the probability as very high so take pictures regardless if you can!

• Like 1

The tower on bell avenue and Astoria street has had it's equipment up for about 2 months now. All cabinets and everything have been added and swapped, and it looks like it has sprint spark gear. Is there an eta for when it will get activated?

The tower on bell avenue and Astoria street has had it's equipment up for about 2 months now. All cabinets and everything have been added and swapped, and it looks like it has sprint spark gear. Is there an eta for when it will get activated?

Pictures. 

Nope.

Top is Verizon and bottom of clear Huawei wimax.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WiMAX: isn't that now Sprint and just awaiting the equipment to get upgraded?

WiMAX: isn't that now Sprint and just awaiting the equipment to get upgraded?

Yes but it's not broadcasting any b41 last I checked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I called Sprint last week because I was having issues with poor call quality, go figure. The rep offered information regarding 5 towers in my immediate area being turned on beginning in July and the one I connect to 73% of the time set for Aug - I didn't ask what year, just took it with a grain of salt. If it happens great, if not, meh…

Sent using Tapatalk

That's a new tool employees have which should be relatively accurate. Certainly more so than in the past where it was always "the next 6 months"    My understanding is that on some towers, they add a month to the live date because they allow a month for optimization