Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

This eCSFB is killing the battery on my Nexus 5. It constantly tries to connect to LTE but fails and reverts back to 3G. What sucks is that it does this while phone is sleep and by morning my battery is completely dead. I had to force GSM/CDMA only so it doesn’t try to connect to lte. They need to push the update out already or shut off lte altogether until they get this straightened out. lol.

This eCSFB is killing the battery on my Nexus 5. It constantly tries to connect to LTE but fails and reverts back to 3G. What sucks is that it does this while phone is sleep and by morning my battery is completely dead. I had to force GSM/CDMA only so it doesn’t try to connect to lte. They need to push the update out already or shut off lte altogether until they get this straightened out. lol.

But the update wont help if the network isn't upgraded as well

it should be per info from sponsors thread. i can get to band 25 & 41 if i force lte

The update doesn't enable LTE to just be accessible though. Forcing LTE is necessary if you aren't on a NV 3g site. I can get LTE now in LA without issues on a N5

The update doesn't enable LTE to just be accessible though. Forcing LTE is necessary if you aren't on a NV 3g site. I can get LTE now in LA without issues on a N5

i am at a NV 3g site.

Upper Central Valley - 7 updates (2 3G, 5 LTE)

6 Acceptances in Elk Grove cluster - 2x 3G and 4x 4G LTE

1 4G Acceptance in Yuba City cluster off Hwy 99 & Rio Oso Road south of Olivehurst

Exact Locations & other info available to S4GRU Sponsors 

6 Acceptances in Elk Grove cluster - 2x 3G and 4x 4G LTE

1 4G Acceptance in Yuba City cluster off Hwy 99 & Rio Oso Road south of Olivehurst

Exact Locations & other info available to S4GRU Sponsors

Was the backhaul ready on those towers in elk grove that are accepted LTE? Cause they lit up quickly.

Was the backhaul ready on those towers in elk grove that are accepted LTE? Cause they lit up quickly.

Most likely yes.

Normal backhaul orders when placed usually take a minimum of 90 days and usually end up taking more around the 120 day mark before new backhaul is installed and fired up. This is if there are no issues between the integration team and the LEC etc...working with AT&T for backhaul can be a pain for the integration teams and everyone needs to be on the same page.

As a Network Engineer I experience these things on a daily basis. Most likely the backhaul orders were placed a while ago and they have usually pulled fiber from wherever they need to up into the MPOE. Most of the time the fiber is terminated and actually connected to the cell sites base station switch ahead of time, but the ports are turned down.

The integration team's job is to up those ports and integrate the site into Sprints network sending traffic over the new backhaul (fiber) and disconnecting the old backhaul. T1's...DS3's etc. It is to their advantage to submit the backhaul orders ahead of time because of the lead time that is required, that way the integration team can usually flip the switch to the new backhaul overnight. 

• Like 2

Most likely yes.

Normal backhaul orders when placed usually take a minimum of 90 days and usually end up taking more around the 120 day mark before new backhaul is installed and fired up. This is if there are no issues between the integration team and the LEC etc...working with AT&T for backhaul can be a pain for the integration teams and everyone needs to be on the same page.

As a Network Engineer I experience these things on a daily basis. Most likely the backhaul orders were placed a while ago and they have usually pulled fiber from wherever they need to up into the MPOE. Most of the time the fiber is terminated and actually connected to the cell sites base station switch ahead of time, but the ports are turned down.

The integration team's job is to up those ports and integrate the site into Sprints network sending traffic over the new backhaul (fiber) and disconnecting the old backhaul. T1's...DS3's etc. It is to their advantage to submit the backhaul orders ahead of time because of the lead time that is required, that way the integration team can usually flip the switch to the new backhaul overnight.

Wow that's so interesting! Is the backhaul work visible like the tower work?

So will Davis LTE tower range grow or will there be more towers throughout the city?

There are 6 Sprint towers that serve the Davis area.Only 1 have the advanced backhaul required by network vision specifications to allow the activation of LTE services. The other 5 are waiting on backhaul contractors to deliver the upgraded backhaul.

Triband users may be able to connect to the former Clearwire network which may or may not have been upgraded to dual mode Wimax + TDD-LTE functionality. 

There are 6 Sprint towers that serve the Davis area.Only 1 have the advanced backhaul required by network vision specifications to allow the activation of LTE services. The other 5 are waiting on backhaul contractors to deliver the upgraded backhaul.

Triband users may be able to connect to the former Clearwire network which may or may not have been upgraded to dual mode Wimax + TDD-LTE functionality.

Sweet, so when all 6 are completed how will the coverage be like?

legendary, on 03 Apr 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Sweet, so when all 6 are completed how will the coverage be like?

Exceptional especially when the Clearwire network is fully broadcasting B41 TDD-LTE (spark) & LTE 800 gets up and running over Sprints sites.

After everything is done Sprint will have about a little over a dozen towers broadcasting in Davis. Most carriers would at most have 4 or 5 towers towns for the size of Davis so it's Sprint will have a huge amount of sites in comparison to everyone else.

OK i was going to try to get out to elk grove to try to check out some B41, but I just want to confirm the process.  You need to be on either .15 or .17, force LTE, and do a prl update after the band priority is set, right?

OK i was going to try to get out to elk grove to try to check out some B41, but I just want to confirm the process.  You need to be on either .15 or .17, force LTE, and do a prl update after the band priority is set, right?

Yes. PRL update to hell and back. B25 might mess with the radio not wanting to connect to B41 as well so be prepared.

Yes. PRL update to hell and back. B25 might mess with the radio not wanting to connect to B41 as well so be prepared.

B25 does mess it up. I've been unable to connect to B41 since B25 went live even when switching the priorties around. Don't think there's a way to turn off B25 altogether?

B25 does mess it up. I've been unable to connect to B41 since B25 went live even when switching the priorties around. Don't think there's a way to turn off B25 altogether?

Nope. Sprint will absolutely not let anyone camp LTE 800 so B25 is permanently enabled at all times. 

Nope. Sprint will absolutely not let anyone camp LTE 800 so B25 is permanently enabled at all times. 

lol thought so. this sucks tho since i was averaing over 30mpbs on B41 and can barely crack 2mpbs on B25.