Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Any news on the 95835 area??

Thanks in advanced

I believe that area has been upgraded already as it's only like 3-4 sites in that zip. We're mostly waiting on the rest of the city and unincorporated areas to get equipment installed so they can fire everything up at once in a big cluster launch. 

Thanks for that info. all this time i have been reading this thread I thought i'd pick up a signal when the tower was upgraded but now i get it...

Also has anyone had the same issue i have had... when ever I'm on the 5 freeway near the 50 exchange and im on the phone my phone reboots?? it's driving me crazy! it only happens when im on a call.

Thanks for that info. all this time i have been reading this thread I thought i'd pick up a signal when the tower was upgraded but now i get it...

Also has anyone had the same issue i have had... when ever I'm on the 5 freeway near the 50 exchange and im on the phone my phone reboots?? it's driving me crazy! it only happens when im on a call.

That was true in the beginning and for most of the deployment in every market till the last 3 months or during the summer time. Samsung (our market vendor) has always wanted to be the first vendor to finish upgrading all their markets and was presented with an issue related to enhanced circuit switch fallback which is required for all new phones (see the csfb post on the front wall). The only fix for them is to upgrade the network as fast as possible and fire up the 3g side.

For samsung, their equipment cannot talk with the legacy equipment and so they always had to launch in clusters or else you get a lot of dropped calls whenever you bounce from one upgraded tower to a non upgraded tower. With the issue at hand, Samsung accelerated deployment in all their markets and have been cluster launching entire cities or regions all at once. LTE may get fired up every now and then but all signs point to them ignoring everything other than converting sites as fast as possible. 

Most Samsung vendor regions are going back on schedule thanks to the CSFB gap issue which forced them to deploy asap. Internally they're saying that the issue will be fixed in all major markets by Jan / Febuary time frame so that's the time I expect our entire region (100+ sites) to all get cluster launched. As it stands it's mostly the City of Sacramento sites that need to be done (a lot have been permited but awaiting available manpower - contractors - to do the job). 

Never happened to me so it might be an issue with your phone. 

Well well well. It seems LTE has hit lodi! 

And its hit pretty hard, Speeds are all over the place but never below 2 up or down. 

Seems like I'm getting better speeds on east side/central lodi - 5-15 down and 2-5 up

and west side/woodbridge area is a tad slower 2-7 down 2-3 up

pings are fantastic everywhere 60-80ms

I'm stoked to test out performance after the official go-live. 

I haven't had a chance to test out stockton yet, I forgot my phone today. Will report in tomorrow. 

Anyone know when upgrades are scheduled to hit east Rancho Cordova / Folsom? I've seen LTE on Sunrise by highway 50, but the sensorly maps look like they've been expanding south and to the west. Here at Hazel and 50, we've not seen anything yet. It looks like the closest tower is at 11840 Folsom Blvd, behind the Becks Furniture, (it may be on Marketplace lane), on the property at Schnitzer Steel.   We've had some disruptions lately, but I've not seen LTE light up yet, and nothing in Folsom either.

• Like 1

And its hit pretty hard, Speeds are all over the place but never below 2 up or down.

Seems like I'm getting better speeds on east side/central lodi - 5-15 down and 2-5 up

and west side/woodbridge area is a tad slower 2-7 down 2-3 up

pings are fantastic everywhere 60-80ms

I'm stoked to test out performance after the official go-live.

I haven't had a chance to test out stockton yet, I forgot my phone today. Will report in tomorrow.

I find the lack of Sensorly tracks most disappointing. Do not fail again! =p

Sensorly!

Google Nexus 5

• Like 1

Sensorly!

Google Nexus 5

I will run Sensorly on my way home today. Sir. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I'll be doing the mapping tomorrow morning and evening. Well, I'll try to map what I can around Lodi tonight. 

Sensorly!

Google Nexus 5

I will run Sensorly on my way home today. Sir. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

On my drive up i5 from LA to sf. I got some cdma 800 in Patterson. 40 miles from my position.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm about 40 miles away from that tower as well. Still trying to figure out which tower I got CDMA 800 from.

Sucks my CDMA 800 signal didn't last long enough to get a screenshot of the exact location

I'm about 40 miles away from that tower as well. Still trying to figure out which tower I got CDMA 800 from.

Sucks my CDMA 800 signal didn't last long enough to get a screenshot of the exact location

It went in and out alot as I drove closer to it. I also connected to some further south. But never got to see location before I lost it. So not sure if it was the same tower or not.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Sensorly!

Google Nexus 5

i mapped around as I ran some errands today. I ran speed tests as much as I could while mapping as well.

More mapping to be done tomorrow morning

i mapped around as I ran some errands today. I ran speed tests as much as I could while mapping as well.

More mapping to be done tomorrow morning

I'm sure you want to challenge the one of the top sensorly mappers up in corning... :P

• Like 2