Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Any news on when Stockton or cities around Stockton will start to have towers built or start to receive 4G LTE?

I always spot it in the Bay Area from Livermore to San Jose to Union City to Fairfield and SF. I love the speeds.

How about the Sacramento State University area?

I only see two towers in Elk Grove on the i5 side. Am I correct? Does that mean LTE will suck on that side of town?

Those ones near i-5 are the ones that have permits issued for a while now. Rest of Elk Grove cell sites are still a (?) pending their monthly building permit reports. 

Any news on when Stockton or cities around Stockton will start to have towers built or start to receive 4G LTE?

I always spot it in the Bay Area from Livermore to San Jose to Union City to Fairfield and SF. I love the speeds.

How about the Sacramento State University area?

The few cell sites surrounding Lodi (and in lodi) have been converted to Network Vision gear but has not been accepted nor fully activated yet. Stockton area down to Manteca and Lathrop are big (?) as they don't post building permit information online so I can't check but the surrounding unincorporated San Joaquin areas that have cell sites are progressing quite nicely. 

CSUS area you might get some bleedover signal (weak signal) from Arden Arcade or from Folsom Blvd across 50 when those sites are accepted but the cell site that directly serves the CSUS campus has not been applied for yet (city of sacramento - not unincorporated sacramento county (ala arden arcade or across hwy 50).

uqXUmHq.jpg

Do you think my Stockton will have some LTE signal by the end of the summer or end of this year?

Really anxious for the Upper Central Valley and Lower Central Valley markets to be finishes. The road trips down on 5 to LA until you pass the grape vine is eternal with that coverage trying to stream netflix on my ipad mini

Do you think my Stockton will have some LTE signal by the end of the summer or end of this year?

Really anxious for the Upper Central Valley and Lower Central Valley markets to be finishes. The road trips down on 5 to LA until you pass the grape vine is eternal with that coverage trying to stream netflix on my ipad mini

Definitely. I expect stockton to get it's first LTE signal at the latest by the end of summer (august probably). Side effect of cell sites going online after July 1 is that probably LTE 800 / CDMA 800 1x will come online at the same time as LTE 1900 which would be very noticeable for voice reception & data (for tri-band devices).

• Like 1

Definitely. I expect stockton to get it's first LTE signal at the latest by the end of summer (august probably). Side effect of cell sites going online after July 1 is that probably LTE 800 / CDMA 800 1x will come online at the same time as LTE 1900 which would be very noticeable for voice reception & data (for tri-band devices).

Im keeping close tabs on this and I'll be reporting any lte in lodi/stockton ASAFP.

im interested to see what will happen wheniDEN shuts down, if tht has anything to do with anything lol

What is the new white symbols on your map now? I haven't seen white yet?

Placeholders for cell sites that have no detectable work or permit application. Contains addresses and other info so I don't have to keep spending 10-15 minutes searching up the address again when I do my weekly permit checks. Also gives an idea of how things are going on in a specific area in terms of how many cell sites in total are in progress or have permits applied.

I need to get access to the Sponsor's Area. Is there a minimum donation or whatever you can donate at best to gain access to the Sponsor's Area? I'm right in the area of Walerga/Elverta Rd. I didn't know that pole over by the antelope high school was a stealth sprint site. I thought sprint was on the big christmas tree looking tower on walerga between elverta and antelope rd. I know the site in the apartment area right by autozone/little caesar's near the high school is an AT&T only site however.

I need to get access to the Sponsor's Area. Is there a minimum donation or whatever you can donate at best to gain access to the Sponsor's Area? I'm right in the area of Walerga/Elverta Rd. I didn't know that pole over by the antelope high school was a stealth sprint site. I thought sprint was on the big christmas tree looking tower on walerga between elverta and antelope rd. I know the site in the apartment area right by autozone/little caesar's near the high school is an AT&T only site however.

Typically most members put in $5-20 for donations.

Anyways, where is "this big christmass tree looking tower" located at anyways as I can't seem to find it on google maps...

S4GRU Membership Groups

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below)S4GRU Sponsors get:

• Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

S4GRU Premier Sponsor. S4GRU Sponsors who donate $100 or more in total, get to keep the title indefinitely and you also get in addition to the benefits of the S4GRU Sponsor above:

• Access to the S4GRU Premier Sponsor Forum (contents subject to change, but includes the original baseline NV schedule maps for many markets)
  • Bypass word filters
  • Can post HTML in posts
  • No limit to number of people allowed in a Personal Message
  • Unlimited PM storage
  • Allow attachments in PM's
  • Allow unlimited amounts of reputation points to be given
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x400)
  • Can edit forum posts at any time (incognito)
  • Can soft delete own posts
  • Avoids any moderation queues

S4GRU Contributing Author. For members who write news articles for S4GRU, you get an even better membership group. S4GRU Contributing Authors get all the S4GRU Premier Sponsor benefits plus they get the acclaim of being in the S4GRU inner circle and access to Staff forums. After you become a trusted regular contributor, you will be given the ability to post your own articles directly up in The Wall. You can create drafts of articles and keep them stored until ready for publishing. This status will stay active for six months after you publish your most recent S4GRU article.

NOTE: The PayPal donation button is located in The Forumsmain page, at the upper right hand corner.

ANOTHER NOTE: For a speedier upgrade, please put your S4GRU screen name in the comments section of your PayPal donation.

After donation: Most donations result in an automatic upgrade within minutes. If you click on your profile and see that your Group now says S4GRU Sponsor or Premier Sponsor, then your account upgrade has taken effect. 90% of accounts are upgraded very quickly. Sometimes I am out of cell range and cannot sign in to upgrade your account, this may result in a delay for a few hours. Once your account is upgraded, you no longer need a password to access Sponsor forums, but you may have to sign out and back in, depending on your browser and its settings.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

mmhh... 4419 garbo way... top rack could be Sprints but that's not the typical nortel setup I see around these areas though they do look similar to other legacy antennas in other markets...

* I'll keep an eye on it permit wise*

I would think between the "tree tower" on Walerga and that possible (Stealth Site) over by the Antelope High School/Park...that would be two Sprint sites really close together.....I think Sprint is probably on one or the other don't you think?

It could be either or to be honest. The GPS coordinate from Roberts map lines up perfectly with both of them. Go east of the point and you go the monpole stealth site. Go south of the point and you get to the stealth pine cell site. If it's the stealth site by the fire station & high school then we'll won't know if work is going on til someone sees the covers are off and crews working on it. If it's the stealth pine one then I can track it once the contractor applies for a permit. 

I had 10 Mbps average before

Again. Weak signal. Unless you're at the same exact spot as before, a few hundred feet in any direction can dramatically alter reception levels depending on how the sites are configured (capacity vs coverage). 

Again. Weak signal. Unless you're at the same exact spot as before, a few hundred feet in any direction can dramatically alter reception levels depending on how the sites are configured (capacity vs coverage).

I doubt its weak signal. I'm sitting in same exact spot and before I was getting 30mbps now I'm only getting 1mbps max.

I doubt its weak signal. I'm sitting in same exact spot and before I was getting 30mbps now I'm only getting 1mbps max.

There are a lot of variables at play. Could be connected to another site or another sector or the cell site that previously served you may have gotten some remote adjustments. 

There are a lot of variables at play. Could be connected to another site or another sector or the cell site that previously served you may have gotten some remote adjustments.

Can it be the nextel shutdown?

Can it be the nextel shutdown?

Possibly. Degradation of service isn't uncommon when they're adjusting / testing sites for whatever technology they need to. If they're testing then it's most likely CDMA 1xA stuff.

Possibly. Degradation of service isn't uncommon when they're adjusting / testing sites for whatever technology they need to. If they're testing then it's most likely CDMA 1xA stuff.

Its weird because I always had 10 Mbps average, now only 1 max