Hmm recent 3G speed test

Well since I rarely get 4G inside anymore for some odd reason. I turned off the airave because It's been a month and some change since I've had it unplugged. I noticed, I usually get 4G by the window. But those have gone down. i got up to 10 MB down, I get 5 down now If I'm lucky. But Anywhere else, theres no 4G. Usually I'd walk around and my phone would pick up 4G. hmm

396965489.png

And the tower

is just a little under 2 miles away.

r4vNWev.png

Well since I rarely get 4G inside anymore for some odd reason. I turned off the airave because It's been a month and some change since I've had it unplugged. I noticed, I usually get 4G by the window. But those have gone down. i got up to 10 MB down, I get 5 down now If I'm lucky. But Anywhere else, theres no 4G. Usually I'd walk around and my phone would pick up 4G. hmm

396965489.png

And the tower

is just a little under 2 miles away.

r4vNWev.png

Most likely adjusted downtilt because a closer site is In Progress. When a new LTE site goes live, they set the downtilt up as high as possible for maximum coverage. However, before adjacent sites come online, they have to adjust downtilt down to mitigate interference. They cannot overlap sites much, or it creates problems.

Robert

Most likely adjusted downtilt because a closer site is In Progress. When a new LTE site goes live, they set the downtilt up as high as possible for maximum coverage. However, before adjacent sites come online, they have to adjust downtilt down to mitigate interference. They cannot overlap sites much, or it creates problems.

Robert

Well I know that tower I posted pics of, I switch between that one and this tower. Those are the only two towers I connect to in this area.

when i use netmonitor i pick up a signal from 5 towers 3 to the north and 2 to the south all are within 8 miles of me and there is another nextel tower that i'm hoping is going to be upgraded by the nv team so i can have a tower in my back yard so to speak its only 800 meters away from my house

when i use netmonitor i pick up a signal from 5 towers 3 to the north and 2 to the south all are within 8 miles of me and there is another nextel tower that i'm hoping is going to be upgraded by the nv team so i can have a tower in my back yard so to speak its only 800 meters away from my house

NetMonitor only shows 1x site locations. Not 3G EVDO or LTE site locations. And even the accuracy of 1x site locations vary by market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

NetMonitor only shows 1x site locations. Not 3G EVDO or LTE site locations. And even the accuracy of 1x site locations vary by market.

Netmonitor shows every tower for me

Netmonitor shows every tower for me

Not LTE and EVDO it doesn't.

When I'm connected to 4G. It does?? Not every tower though. like 95% of them

It never does. It is showing you the 1x you're connected to. If you're connected to same 1x site as LTE, it's just coincidence. Even a broken clock is right twice per day. But that doesn't make the clock accurate.

It never does. It is showing you the 1x you're connected to. If you're connected to same 1x site as LTE, it's just coincidence. Even a broken clock is right twice per day. But that doesn't make the clock accurate.

So you are telling me when I'm connected to 4G and it shows the tower I am connected to, It's incorrect?

So you are telling me when I'm connected to 4G and it shows the tower I am connected to, It's incorrect?

It is showing you the site your 1x is connected to, always. No matter what data connection you may have. It never shows EVDO and LTE site locations.

EVDO and LTE do not broadcast their locations in a way that any app can use them.

The issue of NetMonitor and CDMA Field Test not showing LTE site locations is not new and has been proven before in other threads.

If you are in a rural, semi-rural or lightly deployed area, you will almost always be connected to the same 1x and LTE site. But that doesn't mean the app is correct. It's still inaccurate, it's just mistakenly showing the correct site. But in urban areas with lots of site, or dense suburban and fully deployed areas, the odds are much much lower that you will be connected to the same 1x and LTE site. And when that happens, the inaccuracy of these apps will be very annoying.

However, if you insist you're connected to a specific LTE site because the app says so, there is no harm in having an electronic placebo, I suppose. However, we here at S4GRU go through a lot of effort to help educate the masses on wireless networks. You're welcome to take or leave any of that education.

The only way to know which LTE site youre connected to is to learn how to check your LTE Cell ID and start tracking them. There is am lot of information in the Austin and New Orleans thread where the members explain how to do it. Then you can be a true wireless enthusiast.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1