Chromebooks

centermedic

Which model did you get? I just got the Samsung $249 one, pretty nice.

The main problems I have with it, is the poor angle of viewing and the power charger port, that thing is begging to be snapped.

Get your 100GB drive space. http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/goodies.html

Install the DoNotTrackMe chrome extension. .

I

Which model did you get? I just got the Samsung $249 one, pretty nice.

The main problems I have with it, is the poor angle of viewing and the power charger port, that thing is begging to be snapped.

Get your 100GB drive space. http://www.google.co...es/goodies.html

Install the DoNotTrackMe chrome extension. .

I picked up the $200 Acer mostly because I needed the 320 gb hd. Picked it up mostly for school. Loving it so far. Thanks for reminding me about that extension.

I chose the Samsung for its battery life, I know Netflix doesn't work on it.

The Acer has upgradable RAM past the 2GB which increases the speed, plus the 320 GB HD can be changed to a SSD if needed.

I like how it powers up in less than a few seconds, they keyboard is really nice. I surprisingly got used to the two finger page scrolling. I can use the 12 gogo wifi coupons to play on the work flights too. A fun little toy.

The remote desktop to my desktop pc works ok too.

• 4 months later...

Interesting that there is actually a thread on Chromebooks.  I have the 64gb LTE version from attending this year's Google I/O conference.  A small group of individuals are trying to find a way to hack the LTE chip for use on other networks (like Sprint.)

After the sticker shock goes away, (LTE model retails for $1449) it is actually a pretty damn slick device. Fortunately I did not have to pay for mine, but for those with extra cash to burn that are looking for a different experience, It can be worthwhile.  for the few things I cannot do, i can use Chrome Remote Desktop to access my other computers.  I have found less need for Remote Desktop as of late since I have Linux Dual-booted so I can still access things like Skype or use Wine to run windows programs if necessary.

Has anyone else had the chance to play with this device?  It certainly is a beast and can take a major fall with no problems.  The first week out of the box I had it come crashing down on the floor in the doctor's office when my little brother was throwing a tantrum at his appointment.  I was worried that the screen or housing would have been utterly ruined, but there is not a scratch, ding or dent on it.  Not that I want to repeat this impromptu test any time soon.

Sent from my Chromebook Pixel