i did it, i got an iphone

gr8nuguy

I got an iphone 4s today ( has os 6.1 or whatever on it already). I did not get it for myself, but for my brother (Blind) He has kept saying that iphone is the best for someone in his condition. Hope he is happy. Got it for $230 (almost new!) Looked very clean, and looked unused, came with otter box (pink, but he wont see it lol, sigh ) I had my number on it for a little while, just to try it out. I thought it was alright, but defiantly prefer android, so i put my number back on my s3, and have the iphone 4s in the box until i make my next trip to nebraska.

• Like 2

I got an iphone 4s today ( has os 6.1 or whatever on it already). I did not get it for myself, but for my brother (Blind) He has kept saying that iphone is the best for someone in his condition. Hope he is happy. Got it for $230 (almost new!) Looked very clean, and looked unused, came with otter box (pink, but he wont see it lol, sigh ) I had my number on it for a little while, just to try it out. I thought it was alright, but defiantly prefer android, so i put my number back on my s3, and have the iphone 4s in the box until i make my next trip to nebraska.

Forgive my ignorance, and I mean no disrespect, but how is the iPhone 4s good for someone that is blind? I would assume he is referring to the Siri application as being best for someone with his condition.

Forgive my ignorance, and I mean no disrespect, but how is the iPhone 4s good for someone that is blind? I would assume he is referring to the Siri application as being best for someone with his condition.

Siri, and the accessibly features built in are better. He told me other stuff, and was tired of him complaining about his crappy (true, very crappy) samsung replenish .

I have heard that blind people have had the best time with iPhone's due to the accessibility features that Apple built into it, not to mention the Mac OS.

• Like 1

This

If you turn on VoiceOver, you can see (hear) what makes it so awesome... As you slide your finger around it quickly announces what you are touching; when screens change it announces what the new screen is and some summary information.

Apple has also emphasized accessibility support for developers (much of it is automatic, the rest is easy to do), so it has become a self-sustaining ecosystem. There are apps that do all sorts of things for blind users, like count money, OCR letters, etc.

It took me about two hours to make sure Storm Sim accessibility was good; if you've ever used other platforms (or God-forbid the web) you realize how insane that is.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Its good to see how technology is being put to good use for people like your brother. It amazes me to think about what phones will be able to do in the next few years.

Same goes for cars, they literately park themselves nowadays, soon they will drive themselves :)

• Like 2