POST CES 2013 comments here!!!

kckid

The LTE stuff is interesting, especially the modem from Nvidia, Icera 500

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6552/more-nvidia-icera-i500-details-28nm-hp-category-3-lte-at-launch-4-later

the Intel conference has been boring, except for 7watt core chips that Anandtech talked about months ago. Mandatory touch on Ultrabooks seems really dumb to me though.

Post CES 2013 comments? Is it already over? I thought that it had just started.

;)

AJ

Post CES 2013 comments? Is it already over? I thought that it had just started.

;)

AJ

Unfortunately in the last few years with all the companies releasing products ASAP and no longer waiting for CES to unveil new products, CES is over b4 it starts.

;)

• Like 1

From the article I posted "no word on CDMA2000 1x/EVDO 3GPP2 suite making it." This could mean no Tegra4 phones for Sprint or Tegra4 phones paired with a Qualcomm modem.. Hopefully Samsung can do cdma+LTE in their modems for the Exynos 5.

My comment is "Damn NVidia You Crazy". I really want a Shield, but I'm afraid they'll be $500+... and that their game-streaming service really will be locked in to a few high-end NVidia cards only.

I think I'm kind of disappointed in CES this year. Maybe it's because I haven't been following along very closely. I've been buried with work and all.

Robert

I think I'm kind of disappointed in CES this year. Maybe it's because I haven't been following along very closely. I've been buried with work and all.

Robert

Follow a little closer and you can glean some cool info. In this interview the Device Marketer for Sprint made some interesting comments regarding the use of removable SIMs and QWERTY phones in the future. (go to the end)

Video Interview

Sprint will also be including more FM Radio support going forward. I've always wanted that feature!

Sprint has been working with the American radio industry to bring NextRadio FM tuners to Android and Windows Phone devices starting later this year. Handsets equipped with the NextRadio tuner will be able to listen to local FM radio stations, as well as use radio apps that require a tuner. Customers that utilize the feature will not be forced to eat up data as they would with streaming music apps since a tuner is used. Sprint customers will also be able to experience a "wide range of interactive listener features," although specifics have yet to be revealed. The preliminary agreement between Sprint and radio industry representatives will let users enjoy traditional radio through their smartphones over the next three years.

I'm still a little skeptical that it may just be an app for streaming radio instead of an actual physical tuner but I hope it is!

Follow a little closer and you can glean some cool info. In this interview the Device Marketer for Sprint made some interesting comments regarding the use of removable SIMs and QWERTY phones in the future. (go to the end)

Video Interview

Sprint will also be including more FM Radio support going forward. I've always wanted that feature!

I'm still a little skeptical that it may just be an app for streaming radio instead of an actual physical tuner but I hope it is!

I used the FM Radio tuner on my OG EVO all the time. It's probably the only thing I miss about that phone.