Sprint Signal

In my Area AT&T and Sprint & Verizion & T-Mobile are Hosted on the same tower just different sectors

why is it that Sprint has like 1 Bar of service on my house while the other 3 carriers have 3-4

1. It could be that Sprint just hates you.
  2. It could be that AT&T and VZW have lower frequency spectrum.
  3. It could be that you are mistaken about the site co-location.
  4. It could be that your interpretation of signal bars has no bearing on actual signal usability.

So, where are you located? When you ask questions like you do above but do not provide any location info, you are essentially asking for little more than a shot in the dark.

AJ

• Like 3

I have seen several Nextel iDEN only sites with only Sprint posted. Especially in Texas. Quite common, especially at post merger sites.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Is that just for the push to talk functionality? Or does Nextel still use separate towers in some cases?

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

Nextel runs its own separate iDEN network. iDEN is their PTT network. It will start being decommissioned on July 1, 2013.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I wonder though, if that site has a long term lease, what effort it would take to upgrade it to NV with new site equipment.

But I have a feeling the PCS site probably serves a greater area, so moving it would have bigger issues.

Theres this Enormous tower i found that Nextel is leasing

and its in an area on my area where Sprint does bad and nextel does Excellent.

When they cut off iDEN would they use the Nextel iDEN sites,.

I'm really hoping that Softbank will push to include more Nextel sites in Non Sprint CDMA areas.

Robert

There are also still many Clearwire WiMAX Sites co-located on Nextel iDEN Sites. I doubt Clearwire can decommissioned all of the Nextel Co-lo Sites due to some of them being high capacity sites and slated for LTE Upgrade. I hope that is a consideration for the tower leases when or if SoftBank takes over control.

There are also still many Clearwire WiMAX Sites co-located on Nextel iDEN Sites. I doubt Clearwire can decommissioned all of the Nextel Co-lo Sites due to some of them being high capacity sites and slated for LTE Upgrade. I hope that is a consideration for the tower leases when or if SoftBank takes over control.

Sprint doesn't own any Nextel sites. They are all leased. Sprint decommissioning iDEN sites does not impact any other carriers co-located on the sites, including Sprint nor Clearwire. The site will still be there, just the Nextel equipment removed. And now the site owner can lease out that space to someone else.

Robert