WiMax and aps

jamesinclair

I won an Epic 4G Touch.

Ive been wondering if its my phone, or some kind of general issue with wimax technology...

Basically, on some android aps, if Im using 4G, the app wont pull data. 4G will stay "sleeping". On 3G the app works, and some apps work on 4G, but not all.

Its a curious issue.

It's most apparent on a bus tracking app. On Wimax, it wont pull in the bus data feed to show me where the bus is. Have also had the issue with facebook where things wont load, and the 4G is "asleep".

Any thoughts?

I won an Epic 4G Touch.

Ive been wondering if its my phone, or some kind of general issue with wimax technology...

Basically, on some android aps, if Im using 4G, the app wont pull data. 4G will stay "sleeping". On 3G the app works, and some apps work on 4G, but not all.

Its a curious issue.

It's most apparent on a bus tracking app. On Wimax, it wont pull in the bus data feed to show me where the bus is. Have also had the issue with facebook where things wont load, and the 4G is "asleep".

Any thoughts?

I had the same problem with my epic 4g. Sometimes it would help to 'trick' it by switching to the browser which got it to stop sleeping then quickly switch back to the original app. I searched long and hard for a fix that would disable the sleeping mode to no avail. I'm sure though that if you root it you would have such an option. Good luck!