network vision progress now and future(big picture)

So I was bored and I thought of somthing.... Ok we know some markets are starting late and so on but if u look at the big picture we have roughly 4,000 sites complete now and by years end should hit the the 5000 mark... So if they were to have atleast 600 sites a week next year for 52 weeks that would equal roughly 31,000 sites of cource there could be delays and such but looking at the big picture I still think they can be track to complete it mostly by end of next year and we could even see more if more markets start....just my thoughts

52 weeks X 600 sites complete a week = 31,200 Plus whatever sites are complete by years end

Well that was the plan to be done by end of next year I think. Some places like here in Florida need to be built out now so you don't have to touch a tower again during nesting season and run into the same issues with slow down. I honestly think they are doing things right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That is a good point with Florida with those birds, and even 600 is a low number when they start having the rest of second, third, then fourth round markets start it should boost those numbers scince two weeks ago we hit 550 sites with what markets we have now

I question why the nesting season all of the sudden became an "issue" ... It's not like the the carrier and tower companies did not know about the season for years and years, you mean to tell me that there was no prior planning that took the season into consideration ? I don't buy the idea that I have heard in some places about running into problems because of the problem and having to pull off the job site. The problem would have existed before the site plans even got off the drawing board. Seem strange to me.

Dan Hesse went over it all in an investment meeting and it was reported in the Wall Street Journal. Sprint could have kept working. However, they were at risk if they did. If they "disturbed" those nests prior to October 1st, they could have been fined. And since the language of the laws of what is disturbing is so vague, they decided not to take the risk.

After October 1st, the protected nesting season is over and they can even kick down the nests if they want. Since Sprint has dozens of subcontractors working for them, who they have no direct control over them. And if they violated the law, Sprint would be stuck with the fine. So it was a wise decision.

As for knowing in advance, yes they knew the law protecting the nest existed. However, they did site surveys in advance, and there were not so many nests back in Winter 2011. When they actually showed up to start doing installs, there were a lot more nests then they originally planned on encountering from the site surveys.

You cannot believe it, and that is fine. It doesn't matter what you believe or not. But they were definitely working this summer. Evidence is provided in YouTube videos that were posted. And then work definitely stopped through August and September. And then work started again in October. And now they are where they are. And they will get done when they get done.

Robert

They also blamed Isaac on some delays as well. I could see at week at most for moving crews out then moving them back in. It's just one of those things that's easy to say on a call like this. Nature of the beast.

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

That is a good point with Florida with those birds, and even 600 is a low number when they start having the rest of second, third, then fourth round markets start it should boost those numbers scince two weeks ago we hit 550 sites with what markets we have now

IMHO

But those 550 are updated not done with 800, 3G and LTE. Each one will likely show up 2 more times as updated. 2000 updates a week is what we need or about 700 comple sites to finish up by 2014.

I'll throw this in just for fuel for the fire. Although the nesting season is real here in Florida that just applies to the climbing of the tower. It does not prevent contractors from doing work at the site. Slabs and cabinets could have been completed before hand without any tower work done. if that had been set up then 2-3 days tower time and the work could have been done. I'm not saying this has not been done here in this state but it is something that should have been done. With the weather that we get here in the summer this is really the ideal time to get work started. I'm only speaking of this area of course.

I'm not sure if you are trying to bait me into something , I never said anything about them not doing any work , that was not my point . Secondly I was not quoting anything you said but you seemed to take it personally . I'm starting to get the idea that it's not a good idea to make a post on this site because it is getting stressful to you , while most of the comments are benign and just to pass the time until there is an active LTE service for Sprint in my area whereafter the discussion would most probably based on the facts of the actual service and it's reliabilty in the market area. As for you comment as to when they will be done of course they will be done when they are done thanks for the insight . I'm sorry if for some reason you thought I was personally questioning you.

I never baited you. I do not take it personally. You said you thought it was strange and Sprint should have known it all along. I explained it for you. But your posts are almost always negative, and I do find that I constantly have to respond to them.

Robert

Another thing too something must have changed in the nesting laws too. When I climbed back about 10 years ago we could climb the tower but could not disturb the nest, or we could climb as long as there was no bird present. I can say almost every tower I come across here has a nest or at least the beginning of one.

I'll throw this in just for fuel for the fire. Although the nesting season is real here in Florida that just applies to the climbing of the tower. It does not prevent contractors from doing work at the site. Slabs and cabinets could have been completed before hand without any tower work done. if that had been set up then 2-3 days tower time and the work could have been done. I'm not saying this has not been done here in this state but it is something that should have been done. With the weather that we get here in the summer this is really the ideal time to get work started. I'm only speaking of this area of course.

And this is a valid point. But for all I know, this work may have largely still gone on. I don't know. If they didn't keep working on that stuff, then shame on them.

Robert

I believe that they are trying to limit as many truck rolls as possible, so it would make better sense for the Market Company (ALU, Samsung, Ericsson) to have all the equipment delivered to the site and installed within one visit. The physical panel work will be done by someone else, so that can be done separately, but there is no point in putting in a base station, especially if it is a retrofit, without the other work done ahead of time.

You also have to consider backhaul availability.

I believe that they are trying to limit as many truck rolls as possible, so it would make better sense for the Market Company (ALU, Samsung, Ericsson) to have all the equipment delivered to the site and installed within one visit. The physical panel work will be done by someone else, so that can be done separately, but there is no point in putting in a base station, especially if it is a retrofit, without the other work done ahead of time.

You also have to consider backhaul availability.

I think this is a valid point.. why send one part when you can send the whole thing or many of them all at once kinda dumb to just to have them send one part at a time.. whats even a better idea is to have a central location and have the parts put togeather then when the subs come they just have to put it up i think samsung was doing that or alteast we thought they may be doing that cus they were flying through towers