Create Flashable Zips Of All Your Apps And Data

Euphorian

How many times have you gone through this: download a new ROM, backup all your apps with Titanium, reboot into recovery, perform a nandroid backup, wipe, install new ROM, boot and set up,then restore all your apps and data. Yeah, it's crazy. And it takes forever.

What if you could cut that time by a solid 20 or 30 minutes? Thanks to a new feature just incorporated in Titanium Backup, you can. With the newest update to TB Pro, you can now create a flashable zip of all your apps and data. That means that you can flash all your goodies right after a new ROM and fire up a system that's ready to go right out of the box. Awesome!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/06/new-in-titanium-backup-create-flashable-zips-of-all-your-apps-and-data/

I am so happy about this ! :D

• Like 2

That always makes me nervous restoring an app. I usually just use AppBak and keep the text file on my sd card. When I load up fresh I install AppBak and open the file. Then I just start mashing away and have all my apps very quickly. Then I restore just the data of the apps I need. I've done this for a couple of years and had no trouble at all with apps unlike when I see people get crazy with TB and restore everything.

Definitely awesome feature and great selling point for TB, but I can see a lot of potential for problems, especially when upgrading from one version of Andriod to another or AOSP to forked version or vice versa.