In my dreams...

djw39

The Galaxy Nexus was kind of a soft launch device for Sprint's LTE network. Let's hope a Nexus 4 variant similarly makes it to Sprint next spring as a soft launch for 800 MHz LTE!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

The Galaxy Nexus was kind of a soft launch device for Sprint's LTE network. Let's hope a Nexus 4 variant similarly makes it to Sprint next spring as a soft launch for 800 MHz LTE!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

I'm thinking that there will be a better Nexus device to bring on the 800 MHz LTE for next Spring. We have 4 to 6 months before we have need of these newer devices.

Google pretty much stated they are done with LTE and jumping through carrier hoops. You will not see a Nexus phone on Sprint/Verizon until their next release near the end of 2013, if that.

I think the bad blood at Google regarding carriers is aimed at Verizon. Sprint and Google have had a very good relationship over the last several years. I am fairly confident there will be a Sprint Nexus 4. I would almost be willing to put money on it. I don't care what most tech blogs are reporting. There will be a new Nexus on Sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I always thought Sprint and Google had a good relationship but even if they do later release a Nexus 4 on Sprint, it's too late for me at least. I'm not waiting months to get a phone that was released now. I've already pre-ordered an Optimus G, full price at that. Too bad Google didn't include a separate LTE variant off the bat cause I would have been all over it.

I always thought Sprint and Google had a good relationship but even if they do later release a Nexus 4 on Sprint, it's too late for me at least. I'm not waiting months to get a phone that was released now. I've already pre-ordered an Optimus G, full price at that. Too bad Google didn't include a separate LTE variant off the bat cause I would have been all over it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Nexus 4 coming to Sprint. Writer Eric Zeman from Phone Scoop calls the Nexus 4 a variant of the Optimus G. I think he's the 1st to say that a Nexus phone is just a variant of another phone. (If it's not the first time, I must have missed the article(s) from the past.)

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11436

Yea I mean I debated way too much on which route to go. Nexus 4 with pre-paid or Optimus G with Sprint. I decided pre-paid is not for me, as I use too much data. T-Mobile is not an option for me here because of their atrocious coverage. I'm loving my unlimited data and other than the slow speeds which will be fixed with network vision, I'm actually very happy with Sprint as far as customer service goes and prices. I finally just decided to pull the trigger and pre-order the G and I'm glad I did. The phone is an absolute beast and now I don't have to go crazy trying to pick which phone to get. I'll be happy with it regardless, but I do hope they figure out a way to unlock the boot loader.