Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

that really sucks, you pay up the wazoo for a phone u think is capable of all new technologies except for spark and all of us Note 2 owners cant use the technology we assumed we were buying. :-(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It still might be able to use it. Many users have reported no problems using smr with the note 2, but as far as I know none have been confirmed in Ericsson markets and it has been sporadic in other markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I seen an app in the play store called plr helper. But im not sure if it will work on note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

No it won't. Changing the prl on the note 2 is very easy. Go to the sponsor forums and look for digiblurs prls and links to different tutorials to install them for different phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It still might be able to use it. Many users have reported no problems using smr with the note 2, but as far as I know none have been confirmed in Ericsson markets and it has been sporadic in other markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I used 800 on the Note2 in Ericsson markets once they figured out how to fire them up correctly. It seems to only affect some of the phones.

• Like 1

I didn't get much goodness from the tower near the Sunport, maybe because I didn't install a 800 PRL yet, but I did manage to pull some good speeds.

.82 down / .45 up / 130 ping

1.72 down / .77 up / 308 ping

2.06 down / .79  up / 96 ping

I was in Hobbs today, Could not get my EVO LTE to connect 800. Updated PRLs and rebooted. no deal. At least they are getting much better downloads there. Use to be real bad. Pings were high so I do not think any back-hual is done.

So I ran into a crew working on the tower here in Alamogordo. The were setting up an AAV box and getting things ready for fiber. To bad they were doing it for T-Mobile. Sure hope Sprint is not far behind. The crew didn't know when the fiber was going to run. Maybe this is a good sign.

yeah there is a crew digging a trench at the Sprint tower here in Alamogordo. I was kind of in a rush, so I couldnt stop and ask what they were working on.

I talked to them, They are installing a AAV fiber box for T-Mobile,

I was able to succesfully place a call while connected to 1x800 today in Albuquerque on the Big I site.  I verified using signalcheck that I was still connected to 1x800 while the call was connected.

On your N5 or GN2?

Robert

While I was having issues with my Nexus 5 for some reason not allowing me to place any outgoing calls, I was looking at the Engineering Screen and I did notice for a quick second multiple times that my phone was trying to connect to 1x800 then drop real quick and try to connect again. This was at my home near Eagle Ranch Rd, and Coors.

So T-mobile has their AAV fiber box set up. So when fiber is actually run to the tower will this be the same fiber Sprint will use? or will they have to add additional fiber? If more fiber is going to have to be run, I wonder what are the chances that CL will put enough in with T-mobile install to cover what Sprint will want.

So T-mobile has their AAV fiber box set up. So when fiber is actually run to the tower will this be the same fiber Sprint will use? or will they have to add additional fiber? If more fiber is going to have to be run, I wonder what are the chances that CL will put enough in with T-mobile install to cover what Sprint will want.

If they are using the same backhaul provider, it very well could just be branched off for Sprint right at the compound.  And it's possible this spur is being built for both of them, and they both already have orders in.  But the person doing the work may only know of one entity involved.  Did anyone find out who the AAV backhaul being installed for T-Mobile was from?

Robert

If they are using the same backhaul provider, it very well could just be branched off for Sprint right at the compound.  And it's possible this spur is being built for both of them, and they both already have orders in.  But the person doing the work may only know of one entity involved.  Did anyone find out who the AAV backhaul being installed for T-Mobile was from?

Robert

I did not ask who he was with, and I did not see any company logos. I do not know of anyone else here who could provide back-haul other then CenturyLink. I do not think Baja Broadband would do that for them. the new box installed was right next to T-Mobile/At&T cabinets.

I did not ask who he was with, and I did not see any company logos. I do not know of anyone else here who could provide back-haul other then CenturyLink. I do not think Baja Broadband would do that for them. the new box installed was right next to T-Mobile/At&T cabinets.

I definitely would not rule out Baja Broadband.  US Cable liked to provide backhaul back in its day, so I wouldn't rule out Baja now either.

Robert