Interesting things I found out

shmget

I've been having some dropped calls and bad coverage in an area of East Hartford CT. After seeing some threads on this board that encouraged posters to report things to tech support, I decided I should do so. I found out a couple of things I didn't know.

The Sprint rep said that they can see quite a bit of information about what is going on with each tower in the area. She mentioned that the ones near where I was driving had issues where they "were not running at capacity". She opened up a network ticket for me, so we will see how that goes.

The other thing I found out, which I didn't know (but should have connected the dots) is that if I want to upgrade now, I can "buy out" my contract by paying the ETF, and then paying the promo price for the phone. Because I got a smartphone before Sep 2011, and I'm at 6 months before the end of my contract, I can actually upgrade for $50. Not sure I want to do this, but maybe there will be some nice sales around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I'm strongly considering the Galaxy S III, based on all the favorable reviews here. Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft case? I'm not sure I want an Otterbox defender case.

The rep also told me that Network Vision is supposed to be complete by the end of the year, but I find that hard to believe.

The rep also told me that Network Vision is supposed to be complete by the end of the year, but I find that hard to believe.

That would be fantastic!

Unfortunately we all know better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm strongly considering the Galaxy S III, based on all the favorable reviews here. Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft case? I'm not sure I want an Otterbox defender case.

Check out the Otterbox Commuter or Diztronics TPU cases. Both are excellent choices IMO.

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42_68&zenid=1c01943b21170ac1a4bf231ce9c22cd6

http://www.otterbox.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Commuter-Series/SAM4-GALAXY-S3,default,pd.html?dwvar_SAM4-GALAXY-S3_color=20&start=3&cgid=samsung-galaxy-s3-cases

The other thing I found out, which I didn't know (but should have connected the dots) is that if I want to upgrade now, I can "buy out" my contract by paying the ETF, and then paying the promo price for the phone. Because I got a smartphone before Sep 2011, and I'm at 6 months before the end of my contract, I can actually upgrade for $50. Not sure I want to do this, but maybe there will be some nice sales around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Interesting thing to note, you're not actually paying the ETF. ETFs on Sprint for "Advanced Devices" bottom out at $100. The "buy-up" price is considerably less than the "contract cancellation" price.

Also note that this offer is not always available, and the price may go up or down each time you call. So, if you want to do it, I'd jump on it now.

Edit: Unless, of course, you have a non-advanced aka "feature" aka basic device... In which case, I apologize, and my condolences :)