Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I'm tempted to say the Starkey site is up..I drove by today. Usually I lose the 4G signal from another active site when I am slightly north of it. Today I held the signal quite a bit further along with some spotty hits on Brian Dairy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I will be out at that site this week, i will check and see if their fiber has been connected.

New to the site. Been reading for a short while. Is it possible the LTE at RayJay and Dale Mabry is coming from A Small Tower Located at hillsborough ave and hesperides. Its Located just to the West Side of the Uhaul Building....Got some sick Speedtest reading near that tower.....

We need someone to map that area on Sensorly.

I'm tempted to say the Starkey site is up..I drove by today. Usually I lose the 4G signal from another active site when I am slightly north of it. Today I held the signal quite a bit further along with some spotty hits on Brian Dairy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What tower are you taking about? If your talking about the one on the radio tower between park and Brian dairy that's not up yet. I hope it comes online soon though as that would be the closest tower to where I live.

where on BB downs was this? indoors or outdoors?

BB Downs and Tampa Palms Blvd. I got 10mbps down right outside the Subway in the plaza, but lost the connection as soon as I got inside the building. I wonder if the signal really drops off that much indoors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BB Downs and Tampa Palms Blvd. I got 10mbps down right outside the Subway in the plaza, but lost the connection as soon as I got inside the building. I wonder if the signal really drops off that much indoors.

I have been able to get 10Mbps down to -113dBm RSRP. And you certainly would not be able to keep a weak signal of a strength of that range going inside. In most instances, you will lose 8-12dBm going indoors. If you are 8-12dBm from the threshold, you will not keep it going inside. That's true of every LTE network. And some buildings can be even far worse than 12.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I have been able to get 10Mbps down to -113dBm RSRP. And you certainly would not be able to keep a weak signal of a strength of the range going inside. In most instances, you will lose 8-12dBm going indoors. If you are 8-12dBm from the threshold, you will not keep it going inside. That's true of every LTE network. And some buildings can be even far worse than 12.

This particular instance struck my as oddly unexpected because I was very close to the tower (i.e. the amazing speeds I got just outside the plaza). I didn't check the values on my phone, which I will do next time, but Sensorly identified the area as the strongest level of service. I'm hoping the down tilt will correct this later on, otherwise I certainly wouldn't expect to get LTE indoors.

This particular instance struck my as oddly unexpected because I was very close to the tower (i.e. the amazing speeds I got just outside the plaza). I didn't check the values on my phone, which I will do next time, but Sensorly identified the area as the strongest level of service. I'm hoping the down tilt will correct this later on, otherwise I certainly wouldn't expect to get LTE indoors.

I think its our phones. The EVO radio is really weak.

What tower are you taking about? If your talking about the one on the radio tower between park and Brian dairy that's not up yet. I hope it comes online soon though as that would be the closest tower to where I live.

Yes this is the one the Feech is talking about. All their equipment is there and backhaul was just installed. The company i work for has equipment on the tower so i have access to site. It is interesting to watch the progress of the different components get installed having access. I will check the progress later this week as the other day the fiber backhaul was just installed and not connected to any of their equipment.

I have been able to get 10Mbps down to -113dBm RSRP. And you certainly would not be able to keep a weak signal of a strength of that range going inside. In most instances, you will lose 8-12dBm going indoors. If you are 8-12dBm from the threshold, you will not keep it going inside. That's true of every LTE network. And some buildings can be even far worse than 12.

is there a way of getting the LTE signal strength withoug going to the diagnostic screen?

I'm on CM10 and the dial codes do not work. CDMA Field Test app give you RSSI , but not RSRP. I know you cant go by the signal the phone shows since thats the 1x signal

is there a way of getting the LTE signal strength withoug going to the diagnostic screen?

I'm on CM10 and the dial codes do not work. CDMA Field Test app give you RSSI , but not RSRP. I know you cant go by the signal the phone shows since thats the 1x signal

I have not tried CDMA Field Test yet with LTE since they did their update to include that functionality. I do not know of a CM10 workaround. However, I think CM10 actually shows LTE signal strength in bars in the indicator.

• Like 1

I have not tried CDMA Field Test yet with LTE since they did their update to include that functionality. I do not know of a CM10 workaround. However, I think CM10 actually shows LTE signal strength in bars in the indicator.

when i was connected to LTE CDMA Field Test did give me different RSSI numbers, but i have not idea what the difference is and which one is better to look at. I still do not a good feel as to what is a good rating. I've gathered that ~100 is poor but thats about it.

I can see LTE strength in the about screen under network on Jellybean.

post-517-0-23934400-1358784041_thumb.png

post-517-0-95709300-1358784063_thumb.png

Yes. This is true of the stock EVO, but I wasn't sure if CM10 changed this menu screen.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

does the "data connection" in Sensorly only show up on LTE? I just tried it on mine and that box was missing. I'm on EVDO right now so I'm not sure if its because it needs stock rom to show that or if its just shown on LTE.

Can anyone on a stock rom confirm?

does the "data connection" in Sensorly only show up on LTE? I just tried it on mine and that box was missing. I'm on EVDO right now so I'm not sure if its because it needs stock rom to show that or if its just shown on LTE.

Can anyone on a stock rom confirm?

Go to the details tab on the bottom right in Sensorly and it will show the network information.

Go to the details tab on the bottom right in Sensorly and it will show the network information.

that's where I was, but mine shows this. Not sure if it only shows signal info on LTE or if it's because I'm on CM10.1

Even though the tower on Bearss ave and 275 is broadcasting LTE does that mean they are done adjusting it or working on that tower. I notice my bars fade in and out this weekend. I would go from 2-3 bars on my iPhone then I would have all 5 bars and drastically drop down to 3 bars. Anyone know what's going on?