Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I know we test LTE like crazy. Is there arything to do with the 3G to look? flip it in EVDO mode only? use my sons non LTE phone for a speed test?

Switching to CDMA will not allow the phone to use ehrpd which I don't think is a fair test. I sometimes will get different speeds on EVDO compared to Ehrpd and I have yet to figure out why.

It can be very difficult to get a device to connect to a specific EVDO site in an urban/suburban location.

Robert

Pinellas Park? Lealman? Kenneth City? Urban? somewhere a teenager from there wants to hug you

I see an LTE hit on sensorly at USF. I was there today in that area but didn't notice any LTE. I find it hard to believe that it once again came from LoL.

For those sponsors do you think these hits at USF could be coming from the newest completed tower northwest of USF?

For those sponsors do you think these hits at USF could be coming from the newest completed tower northwest of USF?

Very possible. I stood up on another parking garage after work today, but couldn't get anything. Maybe a GS3 will have better luck?

Very possible. I stood up on another parking garage after work today, but couldn't get anything. Maybe a GS3 will have better luck?

Has anyone been in the area of that newly marked completed tower?

well I went to the 8th floor and didn't get a signal.... until I started driving down. popped up for a second then died before I could start sensorly again. I drove toward 75 and got nothing and the same goes for Nebraska abs waters. but all around usf my phone would drop 3g and try connecting to 4g but the signal wasn't strong enough. I did get 1 point on sensory on 4g, but I don't remember where and if 1 pointis enough for it to map. where is that signal coming from? ?

edit: it's from the parking garage, sensorly updated.

Edited by Gavisann

well I went to the 8th floor and didn't get a signal.... until I started driving down. popped up for a second then died before I could start sensorly again. I drove toward 75 and got nothing and the same goes for Nebraska abs waters. but all around usf my phone would drop 3g and try connecting to 4g but the signal wasn't strong enough. I did get 1 point on sensory on 4g, but I don't remember where and if 1 pointis enough for it to map. where is that signal coming from? ?

edit: it's from the parking garage, sensorly updated.

Thanks for your efforts!

Lol made a spot on Seminole Spc campus from the 3rd floor dissent reach any where on the ground. Can stone one explain me why the down tilt is not right

Lol made a spot on Seminole Spc campus from the 3rd floor dissent reach any where on the ground. Can stone one explain me why the down tilt is not right

Good spot. It might be that one of the in progress sites is live now because of that spot.

Hard to tell. Usually I would base it on other towers in that area. Looking at the sponsor map it looks like it could be any of many candidates including the completed one. I'm not premier but it appears the site from street view is 200' or above (each section is 20' I think) Sprint is likely not at the top so maybe about 120-160 they are at? All guessing of course. How much ground clutter do you think there is between that site and USF and distance included.

Did anyone see the spot on Hillsborough/580 area? is that new? coming from Pinellas? Reason I mention it is because about a month ago I was at a youth football game in that area and I swore I saw them putting in cabinets with a crane in a building. I couldn't tell of course but I was thinking at the time funny if that was Sprint.

Is everyone switching on airplan mode and than turning it back on?

I have found that in low lte signal areas that this forces the connections to be parsed, starting with 4g. If the 3g signal is stronger than the 4g, the phone will not change on its own.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I do to force my phone to connect to 4G, when it otherwise wouldn't. I have found that I can have a 3G tower between me and a 4G tower, and still connect to the way more distant 4G tower. I can only assume that phones have been set to prefer a weaker 4G signal, over a stronger 3G signal. You can see this from my mapping of the areas around the Land O Lakes tower. There are several places where the 4G on the map extends beyond adjacent 3G towers. I use this technique every time I map on Sensorly. There is an LTE Discovery app on the market that automates this process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see an LTE hit on sensorly at USF. I was there today in that area but didn't notice any LTE. I find it hard to believe that it once again came from LoL.

I got LTE on the top floor of University Hospital on multiple occasions. I verified that this was a connection to the Land O Lakes 4G tower by comparing the info in the LTE Engineering Data screen on my phone while at the Hospital, and the same info from just South of the same tower. I assume the same sort of thing may be happening at USF, as I am unaware of other live 4G towers in the area.

Its weird places wit altitude have it from far sites I hope your right feech what one did you think it was 100 db or so signal strong

I belive there's down tilt issues in my area that won't be fixed until full roll out Cruz I'm in a in between zone of 2 towers in face there is no service a street or 2 over. In the middle of my room I have no service

Edited by TuX

I was working in Saint Augustine today, when picked up LTE near I95 & SR207. There was 4G mapped in Sensorly, but only along I95 past the area. So, just for the h3ll of it, I drove in a big loop around the area and mapped a bunch more 4G. I also mapped as I drove back home along SR207 towards Palatka... ;)