Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

OK have a question according to sprints site where they have towers the closet on is the bellshols one the next closet one is on causeway. I live in cypress trace apartments and yet I get like 0-1 bars of lte I don't think I would get better coverage from any other site my ? Is do they angle this panels to cover different sides of town or just try to go as far in any direction.

OK have a question according to sprints site where they have towers the closet on is the bellshols one the next closet one is on causeway. I live in cypress trace apartments and yet I get like 0-1 bars of lte I don't think I would get better coverage from any other site my ? Is do they angle this panels to cover different sides of town or just try to go as far in any direction.

I think that the Bell Shoals tower is current set to broadcast the heck out of some LTE since it's the only active tower in the area. Your phone picks up the highest (LTE vs 3G vs. 2g) network it can, which is a weak LTE in your case. Turn off LTE and you should have decent 3G signal.

• Like 1

From what I remember about Nextel installs, all the towers had corresponding azimuths. So if one tower had sectors set at 60, 175,and 250 degrees all panels that we installed at any other site would be set at those degrees. I'm not sure how that corresponds to anything else though.

I'm sure someone will chime in on what I'm about to say so if I'm wrong someone will step in. I THINK Sprint is going to have an interesting problem here in Florida at least. From initial testing it seems the LTE signal carries further than 3G. I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right but I'm seeing that I am holding a usable LTE signal past at least another Sprint site that has not been upgraded yet. I'm sure they are not going to decommission sites but it is a question

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

From what I remember about Nextel installs, all the towers had corresponding azimuths. So if one tower had sectors set at 60, 175,and 250 degrees all panels that we installed at any other site would be set at those degrees. I'm not sure how that corresponds to anything else though.

I'm sure someone will chime in on what I'm about to say so if I'm wrong someone will step in. I THINK Sprint is going to have an interesting problem here in Florida at least. From initial testing it seems the LTE signal carries further than 3G. I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right but I'm seeing that I am holding a usable LTE signal past at least another Sprint site that has not been upgraded yet. I'm sure they are not going to decommission sites but it is a question

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The greater coverage is due to no downtilt. They will add downtilt later as they add more towers.

• Like 1

So do you think I would get better lte coverage from the site on lithiapincrest or improved. Just look for opinions thanks

When it become active I'm sure that the entire area with super 4Gified.

So do you think I would get better lte coverage from the site on lithiapincrest or improved. Just look for opinions thanks

Just realized that I didn't answer your exact question...

The Lithia site will expand Valrico area coverage to the east, but since you're west of this area, nothing should change for you, barring a closer (to you) site becoming active.

• Like 1

I just passed this tower, and I believe there are new NV panels with RRUs on it. I couldn't stop due to being late for something. I will make a trip to take a closer look at the tower as soon as I have some free time, and daylight...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Once again, I was in a rush, but was able to get some quick pictures of work in progress on this tower as i drove by. There were trucks parked at the base of the tower & workers up near the panels. I do believe I see NV panels and RRUs. This is TA54XC002. A mile west of Morris Bridge Rd on SR54 in Wesley Chapel.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

post-7085-1356813527927_thumb.jpg

post-7085-13568135471617_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know where the closet tower to cypress trace Apartments is I thought the one on bellshols was but I was wrong I have tried to search but can't find anything.

Bell Shoals is the closest site that is active at this time.

Did anybody ever drive by panther trace in riverview

I actually am the one that went into the start of Panther Trace from Balm Riverview. I rode my bicycle down Balm Riverview and into that park off of Rhodine road, which is the reason that area is lit up. As soon as I started to get into Panther Trace the signal from the Bell Shoals tower dropped off. As you can see, it reached into Summerfield where I am. With my personal phone, the S3, I can pick up a weak signal in my back yard. With my work phone, and iPhone, nothing. By the way, my other two wheeler is a bicycle and I do ride it through Panther Trace when I do.

I'm hoping one day to see them working on the tower there, but I think I understand why certain towers are being worked and others not at the moment. There may be no reasoning to it but what I would do is hit every other tower or skip a few and hit a wider area, then catch the ones in between to complete the coverage. I am sure I'm wrong on that theory, but think it is a good idea to hit the ones off of the main thoroughfares like I-4, I-275, and US-41 as well, before hitting the neighborhood towers.

• Like 3

I actually am the one that went into the start of Panther Trace from Balm Riverview. I rode my bicycle down Balm Riverview and into that park off of Rhodine road, which is the reason that area is lit up. As soon as I started to get into Panther Trace the signal from the Bell Shoals tower dropped off. As you can see, it reached into Summerfield where I am. With my personal phone, the S3, I can pick up a weak signal in my back yard. With my work phone, and iPhone, nothing. By the way, my other two wheeler is a bicycle and I do ride it through Panther Trace when I do.

I'm hoping one day to see them working on the tower there, but I think I understand why certain towers are being worked and others not at the moment. There may be no reasoning to it but what I would do is hit every other tower or skip a few and hit a wider area, then catch the ones in between to complete the coverage. I am sure I'm wrong on that theory, but think it is a good idea to hit the ones off of the main thoroughfares like I-4, I-275, and US-41 as well, before hitting the neighborhood towers.

Your logic pretty seems pretty sound to me, based on the in-progress sites..