Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Is there a way to tell was the land o lakes tower one of the first that was in progress? i am not able to see the other maps or spreadsheets that shows in progress or complete.

I am just wondering is there a reason that they are starting with sites not in the meto area first.

Is there a way to tell was the land o lakes tower one of the first that was in progress? i am not able to see the other maps or spreadsheets that shows in progress or complete.

I am just wondering is there a reason that they are starting with sites not in the meto area first.

I think there is a reason why some sites are done first. Others on the site believe otherwise. This is just my opinion of course but I think that sites that are easier to work on plays a part, I think that access to the site, how easy it is to pull permits and get approval is another. We really don't know.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So, two of the three sites appear to be in Pasco County (assuming the Shady Hills tower is on the south side of the county line). Does this mean that they are probably having an easier time of getting permits/access in this county, or it just plain luck?

Edited by jasonacg

I couldnt acquire LTE anywhere on 75 from Fletcher to BB Downs. Wonder of the Evo radio still doesn't want to lock onto a signal that weak. Do you know how good the signal was by any chance?

My Note II doesn't pickup anything in that area either. I don't pickup the Land O'Lakes tower until after I turn onto 56 heading toward 54. then I usually drop signal before I get to 41. haven't gone south on 75 from the tower to see how long it hangs on because I take the Vets into town.

My Note II doesn't pickup anything in that area either. I don't pickup the Land O'Lakes tower until after I turn onto 56 heading toward 54. then I usually drop signal before I get to 41. haven't gone south on 75 from the tower to see how long it hangs on because I take the Vets into town.

Good to know. I was very disappointed for awhile there.

Was in Brandon today trying to get directions somewhere and nothing was loading. Decided to run a speed test. How is this acceptable? There better be significant changes in this area soon. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355869577.568248.jpg

yeah this is my daily average at work in Sable Park off MLK and 301. It sucks!

I don't remember exactly when but I remember reporting seeing the Panels on that tower about a month ago. should be a post about it, just to lazy to go searching. If you search my posts you should find it.

Took 275 from Fletcher South to Lois toggling airplane mode the whole way down to see if I could find any more LTE.... nothing yet. I am working on an app that would search for LTE for us while we drive so we don't constantly have to be looking at our phone. I'll keep you guys in the loop about it.

So, two of the three sites appear to be in Pasco County (assuming the Shady Hills tower is on the south side of the county line). Does this mean that they are probably having an easier time of getting permits/access in this county, or it just plain luck?

it is in Pasco. Has anyone checked out the Tower at the Kia Dealer at SR54 and I-75. same company that did Spring Hill and Land O'Lakes has permits pulled for it. I haven't had a chance to stay on 75 for that extra ride up there to at least see if there are panels up.

I passed the SR54 @ I75 area today on my Sensorly mapping trek of the Land O Lakes tower. There was no LTE coming from the area around the Kia dealer on SR54. I live on SR54, 5 miles West of I75. Believe me, I'll be checking that tower and the one near my house pretty regularly. But, definitly nothing yet... :(

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Looking at sensorly does it appear to have a south to north movement in pinellas? When you compare the sensorly tracks to the work in progress sites it looks that way

Looking at sensorly does it appear to have a south to north movement in pinellas? When you compare the sensorly tracks to the work in progress sites it looks that way

Is it possible that's all from one tower just covering that far on the interstate from line of site. It sure looks that way from the way the signal drops off when your not on the interstate.

Edited by James

Is it possible that's all from one tower just covering that far on the interstate from line of site. It sure looks that way from the way the signal drops off when your not on the interstate.

Its possible but you know that area too. The 275N yes I think possibly one tower.. But all the way up to 22N and 34th St? I'm not sure of that. I think there might be another site up. That site in south st Pete isn't 300ft in the air you know? I haven't been back over there since Sunday night to see if there is down tilt or not

Have you guys been down to south St. Pete? Have you been able to connect to that tower. I haven't been able to connect to it at all the two times I have been there

Have you guys been down to south St. Pete? Have you been able to connect to that tower. I haven't been able to connect to it at all the two times I have been there

Connected to it yesterday afternoon no problem.

Good to know. I was very disappointed for awhile there.

So I decided to take 75 into the office this morning. I held LTE until 275 cutoff. after that it was 3G. I would like to know which phone is holding onto LTE until BB Downs. I pickup a 3G tower full strength at 275 so there is no way I am going to be able to reach back to the LTE tower at one bar.

Weird that it looked like thing were starting to light up and now nothing new so far this week. I hope they are not taking off for Christmas early.

If you look at JAX and ORL they did the same thing, 3 or 4 towers come online then all has gone quiet. I think Sprint is pushing hard to get a few towers up in each Market so they can then claim to have coverage in all these markets. Looks better on paper and to investors than it does in real life. they can currently say they have LTE in Florida's 4 major markets. They don't have to say how much :unsure:

So I decided to take 75 into the office this morning. I held LTE until 275 cutoff. after that it was 3G. I would like to know which phone is holding onto LTE until BB Downs. I pickup a 3G tower full strength at 275 so there is no way I am going to be able to reach back to the LTE tower at one bar.

I think it was a GS3. Perhaps the Evo's radio is average after all and the GS3's is just dang good. I'd imagine the Note would perform about as well as the GS3 though.

I toggled airplane mode continuously after 275 and couldn't even get it for a second.

Have you guys been down to south St. Pete? Have you been able to connect to that tower. I haven't been able to connect to it at all the two times I have been there went there last night and connected... Although I want able to connect with it until I was right next to it

I was there was night but it wouldn't let me connect until I was right next to it