Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Should I just leave Sensorly running with my EVO LTE, or is it too unlikely to pick up an LTE signal to even bother? (Not trying to bash the phone, just want to find my way to contribute).

lol dont bother are you sure your on ehrdp to start with? your still in your return window id jump for the gs3 if i were you.

Should I just leave Sensorly running with my EVO LTE, or is it too unlikely to pick up an LTE signal to even bother? (Not trying to bash the phone, just want to find my way to contribute).

I think it was Robert somewhere on the site that recommended to obtain a LTE connection first, then run Sensorly as it was less likely to get the connection while running.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't leave it running, for no other reason than it is a battery hog, so unless you have it plugged in all the time, I would just wait until we hear about towers being accepted in the Tampa area, or someone reports an LTE signal. Until then, just keep watching for that 4G icon!

its sad that theres lte in the orlando area and no one cares on the orlando section theres like 2x the posts here

anyone seeing intermentent ehrdp recently in the tampa area? i know largo area it keeps going in and out.

its sad that theres lte in the orlando area and no one cares on the orlando section theres like 2x the posts here

anyone seeing intermentent ehrdp recently in the tampa area? i know largo area it keeps going in and out.

Its strange you keep losing yours like you do, I haven't lost it since I got it at leat when I look. I need to find the post on here about the LTE core and how that relates to what we are seeing in Orlando. I wonder if we share a core or if they have one and we do..either way I'm glad for them if residents can actually use it. seems like it maybe more for the park vistors which is good for Sprint. Imagine if you are from Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, or Atlanta. and come down to Disney and dont have the same experience. Surprised it didn't happen sooner over there.

Feech I had to rewrite my ril it functions appropriately and happens only on this tower for some reason test next time you're near my site let me know If it loses on handoff

We're all pumped in the Tampa market. Today's travels for me brought me near most of the sites on the "in progress" list. I could see the familiar arrangement of antenna and RRUs there, but alas no LTE. So, we know there was already a site ready, and others now in progress. The question is, can someone give us an idea when the core will be ready for our area? Then we will probably start to see some LTE love for the Tampa Bay area.

So I just talked to a Ericsson rep. Nice guy caught him at one of the in progress sites. Unfortunately, it was like talking to a Sprint CSR. I'm still driving but will talk more when I get home. Sorry Tux but I had to abort your site.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

OK, so I was on my way to the site that Tux has been talking about on Railroad, but on the way there is another site that I always toggle at. Today I stopped and saw a Ericsson truck onsite and decided I was gonna talk to him. First, let me say that I meant nothing bad when I mentioned that it was like talking to a Sprint CSR. They are very good at what they do until they start talking about things that are outside what it is they get paid for. This guy was sort of like that. My first question out the box is when they were going to lite up the site I was at with 4G. He told me that it already had 4G. I explained that I meant LTE. He said "Oh! yeah I have no idea. when they are going to do it. they wont let us touch it" He explained that he was a tech that maintains the sites (I guess part of the Ericsson team that manages the network) and that the RF guys are doing the LTE stuff, and wouldn't let them touch it yet and he could wait to get his hands on it? He also said that there was about 100 sites that were ready. I'm not sure what he meant by that statement but asked him if that meant panels were up and he said yes. I'm not sure if that was in the state, county, or market. I asked him what kinda phone he had and he said a HTC Touch Pro, for some reason that was important to me. He also explained to me what they were going to be doing with the Nextel spectrum and how they were going to be ripping the old Sprint stuff out, but it seemed like he was under the impression that it was going to be part of what they were currently doing. He was a nice enough guy and I appreciated what he did tell me but it seems like Ericsson keeps everything compartmentalized. They hire you to do one thing and keep you in that box. Anything outside that box shouldn't matter to you because that's someone else's box. I could be way off on that assessment or maybe that's the way Ericsson does things and it works for them. Most companies have found that to be inefficient. I wish I had more for you but I don't. Lastly, this guys span of control seemed to be a pretty big area. Ocala, Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, etc.

• Like 1

Its strange you keep losing yours like you do, I haven't lost it since I got it at leat when I look. I need to find the post on here about the LTE core and how that relates to what we are seeing in Orlando. I wonder if we share a core or if they have one and we do..either way I'm glad for them if residents can actually use it. seems like it maybe more for the park vistors which is good for Sprint. Imagine if you are from Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, or Atlanta. and come down to Disney and dont have the same experience. Surprised it didn't happen sooner over there.

I'm seeing it come and go around Temple Terrace as well.

Seen this tower today in brandon on Bloomingdale it looks like NV

That would be good news as of about a week ago I was down through there and nothing special on the towers. Need a pic. That would be in my neighborhood, far from all the work going on right now.

Poast rhymes with roast..as in she looked like a big fat roast..oh and I can't tell anything from that pic

Based on what I can see and all the NV sites that are going on now it doesn't look like it. Can't see anything looking like the tell ta;e signs of Sprint LTE like this: http://www.rdcd.org/...as3_09NOV12.jpg