Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

The I-75 and Bruce B Downs tower is definitely on, had -68dbm signal when I got off exit, really had no time to map much.

That area is heavily congested so it certainly needed it. I've been on the lookout for panels just off the interstate there but there are like 3 or 4 towers in close proximity so I never could check out all of them while doing interstate speeds lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Its really funny now to read through this thread that started back in Aug and see where we are now. how angry we all were. lol now it seems like sites are being turned on a daily basis. Heck I had 4G sitting in my bedroom now. Congrats to all of us.

• Like 1

Really happy to see 4G being activated in the area so quickly, the speeds are amazing also.

This test was done at intersection of Seminole and Park Blvd.

screenshot2013030414375.png

Edited by RhoXeD

Now we just need to be on the lookout for 800mhz. That is going to be the holy grail of Network Vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

current phones do cdma only in 800 mhz, not lte 800 right?

current phones do cdma only in 800 mhz, not lte 800 right?

Yeah, but that will be awesome in areas like Channelside and the Forum which don't get very good signals. Not having data can be annoying, but being able to send a text really sucks.

LTE of I-4 near Branch Forbes road, 20 Mbps downstream!

(http://i.imgur.com/6Zhvfo4

Also, LTE lighting up in Lakeland (Main St and Interlachen Pkwy)

http://i.imgur.com/rqZBKti

And off Combee Road near Morgan combee

http://i.imgur.com/ZaNw2bA

(i think this tower is located between Main and US-92 by XYZ Liquor, http://goo.gl/maps/eQVjq or behind winn-dixie on US-92 http://goo.gl/maps/tNdKw )

Just started mapping on sensorly.

Yay Sprint LTE in Polk County.

Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 Android 4.2.1 build GA02 - PRL 25012

Edited by ianschloemer

LTE of I-4 near Branch Forbes road, 20 Mbps downstream!

(http://i.imgur.com/6Zhvfo4

Also, LTE lighting up in Lakeland (Main St and Interlachen Pkwy)

http://i.imgur.com/rqZBKti

And off Combee Road near Morgan combee

http://i.imgur.com/ZaNw2bA

(i think this tower is located between Main and US-92 by XYZ Liquor, http://goo.gl/maps/eQVjq or behind winn-dixie on US-92 http://goo.gl/maps/tNdKw )

Just started mapping on sensorly.

Yay Sprint LTE in Polk County.

Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 Android 4.2.1 build GA02 - PRL 25012

great first post, welcome aboard :)

• Like 1

Its really funny now to read through this thread that started back in Aug and see where we are now. how angry we all were. lol now it seems like sites are being turned on a daily basis. Heck I had 4G sitting in my bedroom now. Congrats to all of us.

Is there anyone on this site (with more foresight than me), who took screenshots of Sensorly maps at various times over the past 4-6 months? It would be a great way to show the progression of LTE development in this market.

Looks like the Waters Ave tower near Dale Mabry is broadcasting LTE now. Will check later to confirm if its that one or another nearby one that got turned on.

I did have strong 4G when I passed through there this morning. I think that's the one, but someone should run Sensorly while driving east/west through that intersection. I only drove down Dale Mabry this morning.

I did have strong 4G when I passed through there this morning. I think that's the one, but someone should run Sensorly while driving east/west through that intersection. I only drove down Dale Mabry this morning.

Indeed i was down on nebraska near sligh. Even inside a house i was getting -96 dBm.

So, sitting here in my office at the airport and stared down at my phone for a moment and saw a 4G icon. Surprised because (1) I am in my office not near a window, (2) I am at the airport (TPA) and although it's listed as "in-progress" I haven't seen any work yet. I went to look at a quick signal strength and it was around -109, but as I said, I am in my office, and not near any windows and in the middle of this part of the building.

After logging on to the site and looking back down it went back to 3G. I toggled, but back to eHRPD. So, it looks like they may be testing here and maybe we will have 4G LTE here at the airport. I am sure there are a number of folks traveling through who would like to see it.

I'll keep monitoring, but it had to be here at the airport as the only place I have been able to pickup 4G was outside on the ramp because of the storage facility site just north of here, but never 4G in the terminal.

• Like 2

I just ran Sensorly, should show up soon. It is the Waters/Dale Mabry site :-)

I have about a 35-mile commute between work and home. For the first time, Sensorly showed a nearly 50/50 split between 3G and 4G spots. It was actually 4G that won by a few points.

Among the new towers, something along Lutz Lake Fern Rd. I carried strong 4G from Dale Mabry to the Suncoast Parkway. I used to lose 4G from the Van Dyke site, just as I turned off Dale Mabry. Past that, I carried a marginal 4G signal, to about a mile north of SR 54. There's still a small gap there for Sprint service of any kind, near the toll plaza. Seems they aren't on that tower, for some reason.

Looks like the Waters Ave tower near Dale Mabry is broadcasting LTE now. Will check later to confirm if its that one or another nearby one that got turned on.

THANK YOU so much on reporting this. I have been waiting forever for my iPhone 5 to display LTE and now that I have it, it only shows 3 bars. Do you know if this site is fully turned up at which time i could expect to see more bars????

THANK YOU so much on reporting this. I have been waiting forever for my iPhone 5 to display LTE and now that I have it, it only shows 3 bars. Do you know if this site is fully turned up at which time i could expect to see more bars????

Bars lie. Don't use them as a determining factor if your service is good or not. Check signal strength instead or better yet your experience. If you have 3 bars but you are pulling down 10MBs dl it wouldn't seem to make a difference

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

54 is lit up between Gunn and 19 with some sporadic drops. was watching my DB levels yesterday and most the time stayed between -109 and -117 occasionally hitting -120 and dropping back to 3G. going to try to figure out which tower(s) is lit.