New Samsung Galaxy S III Update

Proxcee

Is there any way to manually update if I don't have an external sd card.

stock unrooted gs3

I don't know of a way. I believe the stock recovery is incapable of using the internal storage and is coded to work with external storage only. At least I cannot get it to see internal storage on my GS3.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I read a post on XDA forums that showed how to get the update manually, and it worked for me! Be warned it took many tries to get it to work, but in the end I was rewarded!

"Try this: Go to Settings > Apps (or Applications) and select show All. Then find Google Services Framework and click the Clear Data button. Then click the Force Stop button.

Might have to do it a couple times but that should work. Think I did it twice before my phone sent me the notification."

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

I read a post on XDA forums that showed how to get the update manually, and it worked for me! Be warned it took many tries to get it to work, but in the end I was rewarded!

"Try this: Go to Settings > Apps (or Applications) and select show All. Then find Google Services Framework and click the Clear Data button. Then click the Force Stop button.

Might have to do it a couple times but that should work. Think I did it twice before my phone sent me the notification."

Which update? The LI3 update, or the Jelly Bean update?

Robert

I tried this and my phone updated about an hour later. Thanks for the instructions!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RIchmc, did you just go back to stock complete stock?), download the file, put it on the root of your SD card, reboot into Recovery Mode and apply it? I'm getting a signature verification error on my stock SIII.

EDIT: Bit the bullet and did a full factory reset, after backing up my apps and photos via ASTRO. It took installing ClockworkMod to get past verification errors (I immediately reflashed the stock recovery after I got the new modem and firmware installed). I guess I didn't need to do the full wipe after all ::rollseyes::

Setting up my phone again now...

I did go back to stock but after getting all the updates, rerooted to install the JB leak. I should have clarified I was going back to stock first just to get a clean base to install JB on. I had tried so many roms and wss making sure I got rid of everything.

Created a new thread to discuss the JB leak. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2173-touchwiz-jelly-bean-leak/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2