memphis not showing updates on network.sprint.com

dmaxx67

Just joined. Been watching this page for a while. Memphis is suppose to start in September but when I check there site they aren't showing many updates over next 6 months. the ones that are are mostly voice and data capacity, not many data speed. any incite into what I'm missing? thanks again

Just joined. Been watching this page for a while. Memphis is suppose to start in September but when I check there site they aren't showing many updates over next 6 months. the ones that are are mostly voice and data capacity, not many data speed. any incite into what I'm missing? thanks again

Apparently you are referring to Sprint's own map of local upgrades accessible here? Those scheduled upgrades have nothing to do with the Network Vision network rebuild project that includes LTE, but rather "band-aid" maintenance upgrades on the legacy network.

To expand on Brad's comment above, Sprint's site network.sprint.com shows maintenance upgrades being performed under their maintenance contract with Ericsson. On that site they show additional capacity adds for voice and data and additional speed upgrades (via additional T1 lines). These are not related to Network Vision/LTE deployments.

Robert

appreciate it, I live in northern Mississippi. and there are two towers near my house. is Memphis still on cue for starting September.

The Running List thread here at S4GRU still shows Memphis as a Second Round market with an "Anticipated Launch" in November. And there are a lot of caveats associated with that projection.

Sprint seems a little behind as well (or rather their OEMs especially erricson). I expect someone at Sprint HQ will be lighting a fire under someone's butt soon if they haven't already.

I think backhaul needs to get far enough out (maybe 30-40 sites) before Ericsson and the subcontractors will mobilize. Otherwise, if the backhaul doesn't stay far enough out ahead, they will run into schedule issues with lots of workers standing around waiting for another site. If the deployment is too inefficient, the subcontractors will start complaining about change orders. I see it happen all the time in my line of work.

Robert

I think backhaul needs to get far enough out (maybe 30-40 sites) before Ericsson and the subcontractors will mobilize. Otherwise, if the backhaul doesn't stay far enough out ahead, they will run into schedule issues with lots of workers standing around waiting for another site. If the deployment is too inefficient, the subcontractors will start complaining about change orders. I see it happen all the time in my line of work.

Robert

Maybe Erricson needs to kindle a fire (pun absolutely intended) under the backhaul vendors. Someone has to be getting in trouble here. If not then the government needs to get involved as these backhaul vendors being purposefully slow could be construed as anti-competitive behavior by (and I'm guessing this is who is at fault) the big telcos such as ATT and VZ.

Edit: also, their policy may not be the best.

Look at chicago, sure they have issues (which rest almost solely on motorola equipment) but they are almost right on schedule. Maybe just installing the equipment without new backhaul first is better. That way, they get these towers completed as soon as possible. "EDIT: may not have been a good idea to include that info, sorry". Once launched I predict Chicago will have a much better network overall coverage-wise compared to all other markets as they have a much better site density. I hope sprint learns from chicago that doing other NV work ahead of time is a good idea (although here it was a necessity).

I'm with you brother , I'm in Toledo Ohio these band aids are not working . Sprint needs to get hard core with Ericsson

mobile EVO

they have helped a

Little bit but are prob being overloaded again but we can only hope that Toledo could be in the third round..considering again that every market around us is getting or starting nv this year