Hello from Salisbury, North Carolina

DM4724

Just wanted to drop in and take a minute to meet everyone and introduce myself. I live in the Charlotte Metro region of NC. I've worked in and around the wireless industry, mostly in public safety two way radio and data systems engineering, for roughly 13 years. Unfortunately I've been out of work this year due to a back injury from a vehicle accident 7 years ago, which resulted in surgery back in July.

My wife and I recently switched to Sprint from Verizon because we got a lot better value service plan wise, though it has taken getting used to what seems to be "reduced" coverage. I know Sprint is in the process of upgrading things system wise and that'll improve things drastically, or that's my hope anyway, LOL.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to participating in the forums !!!!

• Like 3

Welcome DM!

I hope your on the road to a full recovery.

NV deployment is under way now in the Charlotte market. I am beginning to see NV equipment showing up on some towers around me and also beginning to see increased speeds in some areas. There was a member who just posted some recent tower upgrades happening in your area as well. I think you will find this site extremely educational and informative as I do.

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Off topic, except when it comes to your location: are you in Fibrant's service area? do you use them? if so, how's their FTTH network?

ian - Sorry I've been out of town and haven't been on in the last couple of days. To respond to your question, yes I live inside the city and I do use Fibrant for internet and TV. With the exception of a few hiccups over the almost 2 years we've had them I wouldn't use anyone else for internet. The speeds are awesome !! They advertise 15 up & 15 down, but I regularly get upwards of 20-30 up & down, but of course I've got one of the "signal boosters" right next to the house so that helps. I've never seen a slow down in my speed. I have a live stream of public safety audio traffic (scanner) that I broadcast, plus have 5 computers and 2 phones that use WiFi and it never skips a beat. I know that's a little more than what you asked, sorry, LOL.

To everyone else, thank you for such a warm welcome !!

ian - Sorry I've been out of town and haven't been on in the last couple of days. To respond to your question, yes I live inside the city and I do use Fibrant for internet and TV. With the exception of a few hiccups over the almost 2 years we've had them I wouldn't use anyone else for internet. The speeds are awesome !! They advertise 15 up & 15 down, but I regularly get upwards of 20-30 up & down, but of course I've got one of the "signal boosters" right next to the house so that helps. I've never seen a slow down in my speed. I have a live stream of public safety audio traffic (scanner) that I broadcast, plus have 5 computers and 2 phones that use WiFi and it never skips a beat. I know that's a little more than what you asked, sorry, LOL.

To everyone else, thank you for such a warm welcome !!

Don't worry about giving me an excess of information...thanks for the insightful look at what muni fiber has done for you :) From a guy who is thinking seriously about starting an ISP because you can't do something like Fibrant in TX, all of the above info is quite interesting.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I posted this in the Nebraska Premier thread last week, but just wanted to share in this thread the progress that T-Mobile has made in filling in the great coverage gap known as Nebraska. Between late last year and this year, they have added 28 new expansion sites filling in the coverage hole, plus 11 Sprint site conversions in eastern Nebraska and far western Iowa. Notably, in the last month n41 coverage was added on over a dozen expansion sites in western Nebraska that were added to the network last year. For comparison, here is the very first map that I created in October of 2022 after we noted expansion sites outside of Sprint conversion in Lincoln and Omaha. It doesn't show any western parts of the state, but just know there was nothing besides roaming coverage and a little B12 coverage leaking down from South Dakota to the west of Valentine, NE.
    • Sent a copy of my DB in an e-mail just now.  Couldn't leave the house today but can hopefully get a screenshot when I'm out on another cell site tomorrow.
    • 76MB Google Play System update after that, bringing the date up to 3/1 from prior 2/1 date. 
    • April security patch is already out - 738.30 MB download. 
    • What do you see with the latest alpha/ beta version?