htc evo 4g lte root for the new update 1.22

technoman888

Maybe someone here knows and can respond, but this Site is more concerned with 4G rollout updates. I think your query would be better served asked or researched at a site more intended for software hacking like xda.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

Do a Google search for Regawmod its a one click solution. Read the instructions carefully though and understand you are voiding your warranty.

I just did this and loaded the Viper4G ROM. I hated having to do a factory reset, but the multitasking issues and other glitches were driving me nuts. The built-in customizability is incredible, and the battery life is really good. I haven't had a Sense reload, so far, and it's very, very smooth, performance-wise.

Right now, though, if you have HBOOT 1.15 (which came with 1.22), HTCDev.com is the only way to root the phone, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're a happy camper..and as it is with flashing a new ROM I hear a official update is available today from HTC ..

Of course!! And, it has Sense 4.1. LOL! It never stops, does it? At least, now that I am rooted, I can back up my apps and data with Titanium Backup and, once a rooted version of the OTA is available, I can try it out.

Of course, the Viper4G ROM will probably get Sense 4.1 very quickly, too.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Rolling out a new beta release now with some minor adjustments and additional logging. Please log out of the app (or remove your session(s) from the website if the app is not providing the log out option) and try to log in again. If you experience an issue, please submit a diagnostic report immediately after your attempt. Logs only capture a limited amount of information, and sometimes a delay causes the useful information to already be overwritten. I also sent an e-mail to the beta crew offering a faster way to receive beta updates, please let me know if you have any questions.
    • what differences? My son is thinking of going from the 21 ultra to the pixel pro... Yea, nay??
    • I just hope it doesnt make me reset my PW to log in every 5th time.. Sprints side has been wonky for a while. The 1 year I went to Tmo, I did like their online stuff 3-1 vs sprint Having a biz account might be making it troublesome, but I don't know why, everything in there is pretty straight forward. I heard it "might" be the financing issues on the sprint side.  I do know if I want to upgrade any of the lines, it still has to go through sprint, if I try on the Tmo side itll force me to pay off the few I have, vs it just bringing them over.
    • Just switched to the S22 Ultra from the Pixel 7 Pro. Love this beast!!
    • Yeah that change was a result of the null moving from one point in the code to another with the latest update, ha. I'm digging into it. Appreciate all the quick feedback from everyone! Hopefully can figure out what is going on and resolve it today.