Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Everyone knows Sprint's network is not where it needs to be yet. Admittedly by several members of the Staff here. When you get into saying if Sprint doesn't do this, I'm doing that, no one here wants to hear it. If you have a complaint about the network in any market, you can direct your comments directly to Sprint.

Ok Coz, at least you're being honest, but give me a break please. I've never posted anything like that before. I was just sincerely disappointed. I've been supportive of Sprint and I haven't counted them out but I have supported this upgrade cycle and I still am for the time being.

• Like 1

Ok Coz, at least you're being honest, but give me a break please. I've never posted anything like that before. I was just sincerely disappointed. I've been supportive of Sprint and I haven't counted them out but I have supported this upgrade cycle and I still am for the time being.

What phone do you own?

What phone do you own?

I have an iPhone 5c now, but my wife has a Galaxy S4 and my son uses a LG G2.. We experienced similar issues In some areas service was great but it was inconsistent. I figured with it being so flat there .......yet in Ohio I rarely drop calls anymore

I have an iPhone 5c now, but my wife has a Galaxy S4 and my son uses a LG G2.. We experienced similar issues In some areas service was great but it was inconsistent. I figured with it being so flat there .......yet in Ohio I rarely drop calls anymore

Sounds like your son probably had the best chance of having great data. But just because land is considered "flat" doesn't determine how great your service is going to be. Columbus is flat, didn't boost service any more than what it was capable of.

Sounds like your son probably had the best chance of having great data. But just because land is considered "flat" doesn't determine how great your service is going to be. Columbus is flat, didn't boost service any more than what it was capable of.

Before going My thought was surely service couldn't be worse with no hills to obstruct signals.. Most of those areas had much less super structures to impede signals.. And it's not just flat there.. It's very flat

Consider this a PSA for everyone.  Tone and technique go a long way.

If you write something to the effect of "I was disappointed in Sprint service.  It had better improve soon, or else I'm leaving," then you have violated the rules.  You and your post may be subject to staff action.  Instead write along the lines of "Sprint service was not up to its highest standards.  What could have caused this?"  Then, you might actually get some answers.

Ask questions.  Do not make blatantly negative assertions.  Make sense?

AJ

• Like 6

97% complete with new vision 3g site equipment replacements in the columbus market. Expect a rough ride for a few days in the downtown and northwest as Sprint tunes the new sites. LTE will follow given that internet backhaul has been installed, etc. This will also initially disrupt smooth service.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

• Like 2

Tower guys on Hudson and 71. Dropped calls also[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a Sprint site.

How was the service at the boom??

Early reports are that Sprint and Verizon downtown networks were overwhelmed. T-Mobile had some life near dodge park. Some stay too many people for any network (may have been 500,000). Sprint would have been much better later in the summer. Currently downtown only has a few LTE sites up at the edges as they test each one they bring up for a few days. B41 is turned off while that testing occurs.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

I bet Sprint and the other carriers will get complaints from the people who were at the BOOM, not even thinking "Damn..it is a half million people trying to connect to 1 tower". I was driving 670 east and west all day yesterday and was picking LTE up.

• Like 2

I bet Sprint and the other carriers will get complaints from the people who were at the BOOM, not even thinking "Damn..it is a half million people trying to connect to 1 tower". I was driving 670 east and west all day yesterday and was picking LTE up.

That may be what the people think. In reality coverage was pretty good. I was by cooper stadium and bounced off four towers that i watched for. I was on 800 and it was surprisingly flooded with subscribers with the ability to make calls but data was very delayed and slow. Once on LTE from the cell near me, it wasnt too bad. I actually pulled a speedtest on LTE last night of 2 down 1.8 up.

It was definitely an improvement over last year but no carrier is going to perform well in that environment without setting up small cells or high density cows.

• Like 5

Getting first flashes of LTE just east of High St. in the University District. Not sure if I should post the serving cell info here so I'll post it in the Sponsors forum.

• Like 1

Looking for suggestions; to which should I upgrade my galaxy S3?

LG G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5

The odds are that neither one of these phones will be perfect.  The Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof, but has the reputation has sacrificing signal strength for the feature.  The LG G3 has an awesome screen, but will overheat at times because of it, thus throttling phone speed or display.  While we do have B41 LTE in Columbus, we are not an official B41 Spark market yet, thus you likely have time. 

You may wish to wait for for the Samsung Galaxy S6 or another phone that supports carrier aggregation, but that may take until 2015.  The other change will be support for additional bands for roaming on CCA carriers - this depends how often you are on the open road.  Of course if you want to go sooner, you could put the G2 or nexus 5 (now that is has a spark update) on your list -- provided storage space limited to 32GB  is not a problem for you.

Of course most of us wait until our current phone is barely functioning (durable they are not), in which case, go with the best current phone for your needs with the best deal.

In thinking the Moto X+1 will be nice. I have the Moto X and although the specs are very average the performance is really nice... And it's the first to update. They say the X+1 should be more competitive with the higher profile phones. Probably released in September.