Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

My phone is in LTE/CDMA mode, I'm by the Graham Rd elementary school, on 3G. I have no processes running that require data and I purposefully force closed all processes. I'm still on 3G, even with the data in idle.

It seems that the phone picks when to connect to what tower. The tower by the 5 way intersection is less than a mile away and still no joy. However, when I go home, which is further away from my present location, I'm able to connect to that tower.

P.S. it was in idle mode for about 10 min and still no switching to LTE.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So what happens when you turn airplane mode on for a few seconds and then back off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens when you turn airplane mode on for a few seconds and then back off?

Glad that you asked, I forgot to add that after I made the post.  After airplane mode cycle, it picked up LTE and was happily running on it, until I lost the signal further up Waggoner Rd. 

What made it interesting, is that the phone did not pick LTE, on its own, even after being idle on 3G with the tower less than a mile away from where I was.

Glad that you asked, I forgot to add that after I made the post. After airplane mode cycle, it picked up LTE and was happily running on it, until I lost the signal further up Waggoner Rd.

What made it interesting, is that the phone did not pick LTE, on its own, even after being idle on 3G with the tower less than a mile away from where I was.

You're most likely dealing with the LTE refresh times of your phone being slow. I'm not sure if you're able to change that or not, been out of that kind of game for a while now.

You're most likely dealing with the LTE refresh times of your phone being slow. I'm not sure if you're able to change that or not, been out of that kind of game for a while now.

I wish there was a way to change it.  It's interesting that at times, it would connect to LTE with no problems, even mid 3G activity.

As of April 7th:Columbus

NV Sites Accepted = 82%LTE Sites Accepted = 58%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2014 (Marion launched 1/2014, Zanesville 3/2014)Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = May 2014

I cant see completion being May 2014 ( at the current production rate ) its a 3 days till May now.. Even if we give them till the last day of May thats only 4 weeks
  • Like 1

Hopefully we get some large clusters soon...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hopefully with all this silence.

:sunny:

Cambridge and Mount Vernon are now appearing on the Sprint Coverage Maps as launched: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5887-2014-04-28-coverage-map-updated/&do=findComment&comment=312880

• Like 2

I haven't seen anything in progress in Hilliard or Dublin area. All we can hope is they are on the roof tops.

Yeah, I feel that they hate Hilliard and Dublin for some reason...

Also, sprint lost big on customers. I mean hundreds of thousands of subscribers. I feel like they're all going to T-Mobile sadly, hopefully Sprint's network improves so they don't go under.(maybe)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I feel that they hate Hilliard and Dublin for some reason...

Also, sprint lost big on customers. I mean hundreds of thousands of subscribers. I feel like they're all going to T-Mobile sadly, hopefully Sprint's network improves so they don't go under.(maybe)

Son of Softbank, who owns most of Sprint, figures two years. Wants network work finished so there's no excuses. Technical progress is awesome, unfortunately some area needs to be last

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

• Like 1

There is a tower right next to my apartment in Grandview, mounted on the spotlights for the football field.  I've pulled 2.6 MB down on 3G on it before only because its so close. I called sprint and asked them when it will be upgraded and they said not until July. I don't know if they meant July is the official launch date or the actual date the tower will be upgraded though. Sigh. 

Also, I'm kind of new to this site, what is the differences between the three LTE bands sprint is using and does the iphone 5 support all three of them?

There is a tower right next to my apartment in Grandview, mounted on the spotlights for the football field. I've pulled 2.6 MB down on 3G on it before only because its so close. I called sprint and asked them when it will be upgraded and they said not until July. I don't know if they meant July is the official launch date or the actual date the tower will be upgraded though. Sigh.

Also, I'm kind of new to this site, what is the differences between the three LTE bands sprint is using and does the iphone 5 support all three of them?

You'll find the info you need through a Google search... Too much info for here

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

:sunny:

Cambridge and Mount Vernon are now appearing on the Sprint Coverage Maps as launched: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5887-2014-04-28-coverage-map-updated/&do=findComment&comment=312880

Cambridge is on the map but not officially listed.  Added to the list is Akron and Toledo.  Sprint did not release a city by city list so I did a comparison with the march 17th list then spot checked it.  I put it on the thread above.  Some pretty impressive cites, so check it out.

Son of Softbank, who owns most of Sprint, figures two years. Wants network work finished so there's no excuses. Technical progress is awesome, unfortunately some area needs to be last

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

I wish that they would pay for more contractors to do more work so they don't bleed as many customers. But, once they upgrade and T-Mobile upgrades this may help us; so we could get better deals and not ripped off... *cough* Verizon + att *cough*

• Like 1

I wish that they would pay for more contractors to do more work so they don't bleed as many customers. But, once they upgrade and T-Mobile upgrades this may help us; so we could get better deals and not ripped off... *cough* Verizon + att *cough*

The Network Vision 1.0 deployment was already paid in full last year and the contracts signed.

Softbank & Sprint won't just dump these same contractors more money now since they put Sprint on the backburner cause the contract doesn't pay much. It's bad business to encourage this kind of behavior where contractors bid and don't work and wait for another payout because they haven't done what they're originally contracted to do. 

You would probably see the biggest change in deployment speed with the Spark 8T8R B41 deployment as there is $3 bil more capex available for network upgrades compared to last year and there is no need to split up the CAPEX for upgrading network data centers / cores and other important backend areas which cost a lot of money. More money to go around with the new deployment.

Contractors follow where the money flows and Sprint has a lot of money that they can now throw at contractors and they're all hungry especially since ATT and Verizon has mostly wrapped up their rollouts. 

• Like 5

There is a tower right next to my apartment in Grandview, mounted on the spotlights for the football field. I've pulled 2.6 MB down on 3G on it before only because its so close. I called sprint and asked them when it will be upgraded and they said not until July. I don't know if they meant July is the official launch date or the actual date the tower will be upgraded though. Sigh.

Let us know when you see progress on that site! We are all anxious like you.

Iphone 5 only supports B25.

5s/5c supports B25 and B26.

b41 isn't yet supported by apple - it likely will in newest phone.

B25 is the 1900mhz lte band - most common. B26 is 800mhz and similar to b25 in bandwidth but has better propagation characteristics (will likely travel further).

B41 has the most bandwidth - ie a 'bigger highway' and will amazing when it's fully deployed. We have some in Columbus already.

There is a tower right next to my apartment in Grandview, mounted on the spotlights for the football field.  I've pulled 2.6 MB down on 3G on it before only because its so close. I called sprint and asked them when it will be upgraded and they said not until July. I don't know if they meant July is the official launch date or the actual date the tower will be upgraded though. Sigh. 

I have a snicky suspicion that there's some political crap going on with that site. I work in Grandview Heights and deal with the city for some building projects. For the most part they are easy to get along with. Maybe the school is being a hiccup in upgrading that site. 

Does the htc m8 support triband ??

You will not see Sprint release another smartphone that is not at least Tri-band. This includes an Apple iPhone.

• Like 1