Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I'm really impressed with the LTE tower on Crites in Circleville it covers the whole town indoor and outdoor. I donated for my first time today to S4GRU

Make sure you take a look at the Columbus Sponsor thread / maps.  You will be amazed at all of the additional information are now at your fingertips.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Come on sprint fix the Lancaster road and broad st tower, tired of picking up a lesser lte signal and getting 1x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need guys qualified for electrical towers ..but im hoping otherwise this

isnt going to be a long ordeal !

• Like 1

Come on sprint fix the Lancaster road and broad st tower, tired of picking up a lesser lte signal and getting 1x

Even though that tower isn't upgraded to 1900MHz LTE, the former Wi-Max tower behind Kroger, on Broad and Lancaster, is upgraded to B41.  If you look at the screen shots in my previous posts, you'll see some interesting speeds.  However, iPhone doesn't see B41.

I get lte at my house and it stays connected but my problem is I only get one bar of service and when I go outside I may get 2 bars. When I am on 3g I get almost full bars in my house and full bars outside. My question is will I gain more bars of service with lte eventually or is the one bar of service pretty much it?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I get lte at my house and it stays connected but my problem is I only get one bar of service and when I go outside I may get 2 bars. When I am on 3g I get almost full bars in my house and full bars outside. My question is will I gain more bars of service with lte eventually or is the one bar of service pretty much it?

Sounds like the tower you're connecting to on 3G hasn't gotten LTE upgraded yet. If that's the case, yes, you should get better service when your closest tower gets LTE.

Sounds like the tower you're connecting to on 3G hasn't gotten LTE upgraded yet. If that's the case, yes, you should get better service when your closest tower gets LTE.

The crazy thing is the tower that has LTE is like down the street from me. So I guess when I am on 3g it is connecting to that tower down the street from me and when on lte my phone is connecting to some tower that is further away from me?

The crazy thing is the tower that has LTE is like down the street from me. So I guess when I am on 3g it is connecting to that tower down the street from me and when on lte my phone is connecting to some tower that is further away from me?

Have you tried looking at your field test results on your iphone when connected to LTE and then comparing those with the spreadsheet available to sponsors? You'll find out exactly which tower you're connected to.

• Like 2

Have you tried looking at your field test results on your iphone when connected to LTE and then comparing those with the spreadsheet available to sponsors? You'll find out exactly which tower you're connected to.

I will see now. I need to update my phone on here since I have a M8 now.

It is very possible that you are connected to the same tower. 1900mhz LTE does not have the same range that 1900mhz voice/3G has.

This is a screenshot of me connected to the same tower for 3G and LTE. Look at the dBm difference: zaduju9y.jpg In fact, I can only get LTE in a few spots in my home.

Will it get better? Maybe. Sprint tweaks the signal at least 30-45 days after a tower becomes accepted. Some of those tweaks are based on customer feedback, so you may want to call in to customer care and politely let them know of your situation.

Other flavors of LTE will be coming soon, B41 & B26, which your M8 will pickup when they become available/open.

It is very possible that you are connected to the same tower. 1900mhz LTE does not have the same range that 1900mhz voice/3G has.

This is a screenshot of me connected to the same tower for 3G and LTE. Look at the dBm difference: zaduju9y.jpg In fact, I can only get LTE in a few spots in my home.

Will it get better? Maybe. Sprint tweaks the signal at least 30-45 days after a tower becomes accepted. Some of those tweaks are based on customer feedback, so you may want to call in to customer care and politely let them know of your situation.

Other flavors of LTE will be coming soon, B41 & B26, which your M8 will pickup when they become available/open.

Yea I'm connected to the tower that's down the street from me. I guess I can shoot Sprint a call about low bars of service.

Yea I'm connected to the tower that's down the street from me. I guess I can shoot Sprint a call about low bars of service.

There was a site over on the east side that had really horrible range for a while. I think it was on Brice by World Harvest. Not sure what happened with that one.

There was a site over on the east side that had really horrible range for a while. I think it was on Brice by World Harvest. Not sure what happened with that one.

It's now a hi-cap site and still doesn't perform very well. It gets across 33 into the shopping area around Walmart. Considering that there's all flat ground around the tower and Sprint's the only thing on that tower and the antennas are at the top, the site should be a good performer. Bowen road is just as lousy for the same reasons.

There's so many dead spots still that NV has not fixed that only more towers will fix. Come on Sprint learn by example. Between every Sprint tower is 3 AT&T towers. 

It's now a hi-cap site and still doesn't perform very well. It gets across 33 into the shopping area around Walmart. Considering that there's all flat ground around the tower and Sprint's the only thing on that tower and the antennas are at the top, the site should be a good performer. Bowen road is just as lousy for the same reasons.

There's so many dead spots still that NV has not fixed that only more towers will fix. Come on Sprint learn by example. Between every Sprint tower is 3 AT&T towers. 

There are still adjustments to be made, so don't make a final decision yet.

• Like 3

There are still adjustments to be made, so don't make a final decision yet.

plus band 26 LTE 800 for longer range

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

What would be your "I'm fed up" moment with Sprint to switch carriers?

Would be best not to have that conversation here. Just being honest.

Those conversations only go south and fast.

• Like 4

In Lancaster today. My clock is now 4 hours off and voice is crappy... Hopefully a sign of something good.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I went through there last night for dinner. Looked for sasquatch, couldn't find him. I can say that here too and not get into trouble!!!!!  :ninja:

Data wasn't bad and that is a HUGE improvement for Lancaster. Abysmal would be a honest description on a good day previously. 

I was hoping to pick up LTE from Marcy Rd. All I got was a bunch of hill jumping jollies for the kids and the wife screaming "slow down".

I'll end with, it's awful nice outside. You'd think there'd be a lot of work being done.

I went through there last night for dinner. Looked for sasquatch, couldn't find him. I can say that here too and not get into trouble!!!!! :ninja:

Data wasn't bad and that is a HUGE improvement for Lancaster. Abysmal would be a honest description on a good day previously.

I was hoping to pick up LTE from Marcy Rd. All I got was a bunch of hill jumping jollies for the kids and the wife screaming "slow down".

I'll end with, it's awful nice outside. You'd think there'd be a lot of work being done.

Marcy road area is so high you pick-up LTE from several sites away on the hilltops

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)