Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Is that a Sprint tower in the 8000ish block of East Main street in Reynoldsburg?  The one burried behind the parking lot for all of the school busses and behind the Shell gas station. 

Yes, and no.  This tower has some Clear equipment on it.  Have you seen some recent activity?

It's weird because there was a lot over summer, um, and I'm new so don't mind me, but I am always around there and I never noticed it and then one day BAM.  It was just up.  I thought Sprint was eliminating towers not putting up new ones?  Either way, there were some people back there last Friday.  I have no clue who or what they were doing though.  I tried to drive back there but where it was located along with the signs it did not look like a good idea.

• Like 1

Besides the Unlimited Data and reasonable pricing...why are you still a Sprint Customer? Right now if Sprint had to supply mobile communication for POTUS thru out Columbus could they handle that in your opinion? Everything from data to voice

Besides the Unlimited Data and reasonable pricing...why are you still a Sprint Customer? Right now if Sprint had to supply mobile communication for POTUS thru out Columbus could they handle that in your opinion? Everything from data to voice

Definitely not. There is a lot to consider as to why the Sprint network is what it is today and I think personally they should be giving concessions to customers that stick with them through it. Now maybe they will in some way when it's all done, I dunno. Every time I've been on contract, after 12 months I could always mess with retention and re-sign a new 24 months contract and get a new phone. Verizon won't let you do that until the very last day of your contract. 

Now if you take a step back out of our little network mess, there's a huge chunk of network upgraded both on a state-wide level and national level. That's just looking at the initial blast. Sprint/Clear/Softbank is already rolling out the next phases (plural) of builds, improving the footprint, providing more bandwidth for our whiny little consumer selves to consume. When all that is done, Sprint will be one kick ass network. That's why AT&T has been doing more upgrades and tower builds also TMO doing more upgrades because they're all screaming "FOCK!"

We all get pissed though when calls drop and data flows like a rock, I was right next to a tower with full bars and data was unflowing. 

• Like 2

Made a couple trips out today. I grabbed the PCI's for the LTE site on Green Meadows Dr since it had a question mark for a while. I saw fiber being ran down 161 west of North High towards Worthington HS, I assume it's for Sprint. I checked out 3 or 4 sites in the Hilltop area.

Worst of all, I lost EVDO/data probably 10 times today in various places indicating that maybe there will be some site acceptance in the next 24-48 hours. I'll post the specific info in the sponsor section tonight.

• Like 1

One thing I'm happy about is I can stream Sirius from my phone walking around downtown Columbus. Another benefit to upgrades is I was able to stream Sirius from Columbus to Mansfield without one buffering. Unlimited data is the only reason why I put up with Sprint compared to the other companies.

• Like 1

Besides those two? The knowledge that if I wait, my patience will pay off. As it is, I'm with wifi most of the time, but depending on where I am, my phone may be pretty useless for anything bandwidth intensive. It'll be weird when it works well everywhere in the city eventually. Actually it won't be weird, we'll just wonder how we ever put up with this. :rofl:

• Like 3

New antennas and RRH's on the tower near the corner of Bridgeway Ave and Johnstown Rd. Tried to head over to get a pic, but it was getting dark and the po po was parked out right in front of it. It looked like they were just getting done installing them. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

• Like 2

New antennas and RRH's on the tower near the corner of Bridgeway Ave and Johnstown Rd. Tried to head over to get a pic, but it was getting dark and the po po was parked out right in front of it. It looked like they were just getting done installing them. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

Where the hell you been. I haven't seen you in at least 5 months?

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Professional lurker. Just taking each day as it comes.

Gotcha. I know for folks it's tough to keep up with sponsorship. But for anyone that can spare a lunch or two please do. We have some great on the Sponsor side.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Also I see some light color on sensorly on the east side on 270, from main going all the way up to broad. I went there and all side streets and got nothing, no show of lte at all. Would this pick up be from the Canal W tower, or was there testing or something on the Main/270 tower for a little bit?

And yes, back to my original question about the 8000ish block of east main in rburg, the top rack, um, yeah, something going on there...............

Also I see some light color on sensorly on the east side on 270, from main going all the way up to broad. I went there and all side streets and got nothing, no show of lte at all. Would this pick up be from the Canal W tower, or was there testing or something on the Main/270 tower for a little bit?And yes, back to my original question about the 8000ish block of east main in rburg, the top rack, um, yeah, something going on there...............

It's a Clearwire site, not Sprint directly.

Also the purple you see is from Canal Winchester. Not really useful but you'll get a hit.

Also the purple you see is from Canal Winchester. Not really useful but you'll get a hit.

Sure that's not somebody on B41? Not sure how Sensorly is going to separate Sprint 4G. Unless it's somebody's Nexus?

If the site on Brice Rd had the range of Alspach Rd, totally believable.

This is just a general request. We haven't had any updates on sites in these areas: Grove City, Gahanna, Westerville, Blacklick, Whitehall, Dublin, far N/W Columbus areas. I know we've gotten some feedback on Clintonville, Linden, UA and Hilliard lately. Is there anyone that passes through these areas that can take 15-20 minutes extra and just check up to report if there's any work in progress? There's a lot of sites in those areas that are unchecked or outdated checked on the map.

Sure that's not somebody on B41? Not sure how Sensorly is going to separate Sprint 4G. Unless it's somebody's Nexus?

Entirely possible. Remember to use Galaxy Nexus, not to confuse with Nexus 5.

This is just a general request. We haven't had any updates on sites in these areas: Grove City, Gahanna, Westerville, Blacklick, Whitehall, Dublin, far N/W Columbus areas. I know we've gotten some feedback on Clintonville, Linden, UA and Hilliard lately. Is there anyone that passes through these areas that can take 15-20 minutes extra and just check up to report if there's any work in progress? There's a lot of sites in those areas that are unchecked or outdated checked on the map.

I'll check the Dublin/Far N/W Sites this weekend. 

I plan on checking out the untouched in Hilliard area later today and might have time to swing through Dublin.  Noticed last night and this morning that what had been eHRPD changed to EV-DO at many of these sites.  Also think I might be able to add some clear 2600 sites (My deactivated Photon 4G can still pickup Wimax signals.)

Detailed results will be posted in the comments for their respective maps in the donators' areas, unless you want them elsewhere.

Tomorrow I will be out in the Cambridge area and will hit those sites at the edge of the columbus 4gru.com map and plan on working back through Zanesville after my meeting.  Since I have a G2, only spark-enabled sites will be visible, but all the new sites (brought up within last few weeks) I have seen on Sensorly in the columbus metro have been visible to the G2.  I will recheck James2004 LTE find north of Cambridge and older Zanesville LTE to see if they are upgrading the remote LTE sites for Spark.  (The other site that did not work for my G2 was Stringtown Road in Grove City in case someone else with a triband LTE phone wishes to check it out)

I'll check the Dublin/Far N/W Sites this weekend. 

If I make to Dublin today, I will stay on the southern edge to leave space for you (plus save time for me)

I live in work in Westerville. I haven't seen anything change since I've been active on this site. I look every day.

Can you post the sites you've checked? We still list them as no work with a date, it puts a white symbol with a dot on the map and stops people like me from asking for site checks. :) 

Yo Chowder, here's your LTE for Fairfield County... :D

Carroll site, thanks to my hottie wife for sending me out for milk at 23:00. Found myself some LTE. Explains why I was getting another LTE hit in odd places at home.

I got under -80 on all sectors, just didn't get them in the snapshots. A couple of those were very close to the tower but I think they have the antennas aimed higher.

Did a bunch of laying of the purple. Looks like from Sensorly someone else had scanned it too. 

I checked the Marcy and Basil Western sites, nothing yet. 

2013-12-13%2004.29.32.png

2013-12-13%2004.31.52.png

2013-12-13%2004.35.36.png

• Like 3