Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

ATTENTION: CONTEST COMING SOON!!!

I'm sponsoring a contest that starts September 1st, 2013 12:00AM. I'm holding the details on how to win until 10PM EST, August 31st, 2013 so no one gets a head start.

So... I'm guessing you want to know what the prize is??? How about a $50 Sponsored in your S4GRU User Name???

This $50 will make you a S4GRU Sponsor for at least 6 months. If you are already a Sponsor of S4GRU and you only need $50 more or so to reach the $100 mark to become a S4GRU Premier Sponsor, this will get you there!!!

Stay Tuned ;)

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below). S4GRU Sponsors get:

• Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

S4GRU Premier Sponsor. S4GRU Sponsors who donate $100 or more in total, get to keep the title indefinitely and you also get in addition to the benefits of the S4GRU Sponsor above:

• Access to the S4GRU Premier Sponsor Forum (contents subject to change, but includes the original baseline NV schedule maps for many markets)
  • Bypass word filters
  • Can post HTML in posts
  • No limit to number of people allowed in a Personal Message
  • Unlimited PM storage
  • Allow attachments in PM's
  • Allow unlimited amounts of reputation points to be given
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x400)
  • Can edit forum posts at any time (incognito)
  • Can soft delete own posts
  • Avoids any moderation queues
  • Like 1

Every store I've seen has been closed, but I guess I'm not really looking that hard.

Revol is at Eastland Mall

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Yes but Nextel used to be on it.... Could be Longshot but possible if the contractor said was doing Sprint upgrades...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Here's to hoping, that area is always a dead zone.  Usually good signal, but terrible data speeds.

I was hoping Nextel sites would get converted and upgraded. The "Sprint" sites on 256 are at Livingston then on the water tower in the resi area just north of old picktown southeast of the ball fields. Now according to the sponsor map, there is a site next to Farber Vehicles that has WiMax on it and is supposed to get NV. The site at the 256 off ramp would server that whole area better.

Buuuuut, you'll be shocked how far 800 covers that the only need to have all those towers is for capacity sake.

Another buuuut, 800 without backhaul just makes better signal penetration but no better speed. Better voice coverage though. I got 0.1 down and 0.0 up on a 800 site earlier today.

I picked up plain city 800 in my office in Grandview today. :-)

• Like 1

Oh yes, btw, how about some other folks scoring some points on the discovery side of things? Take some pics, post some pics, get some points! Like that tower on the off-ramp, post some pics of the base cabinets and the antennas.

Oh yes, btw, how about some other folks scoring some points on the discovery side of things? Take some pics, post some pics, get some points! Like that tower on the off-ramp, post some pics of the base cabinets and the antennas.

Look at you trying to share the wealth!

• Like 1

You mean this one?

Need a little clearer picture. Possibly snap a few shots of the Base Station Cabinets and provide the closest address or screenshot your location on Google Maps.

Need a little clearer picture. Possibly snap a few shots of the Base Station Cabinets and provide the closest address or screenshot your location on Google Maps.

Yeah, it wouldn't let me upload the full size, but even that one isn't too good. It's the 256 & 70 tower that's being worked on. I wasn't going to stop too long since it's not Sprint.

Here's to hoping, that area is always a dead zone.  Usually good signal, but terrible data speeds.

That whole Kroger area is just terrible for me on both voice and data. Then again, mine and my wife's phones are old.

Game? Please explain the rules. I hope it isn't for every post in the day, as that's a TON of shots!

I once played the 'AJ' drinking game where you had to take a shot for every YouTube video he posted. It was a rough night.

For every time someone says they get better coverage by updating their PRLs!

I mean I did get better coverage by updating my PRL. I mean I can pull in towers 20+ miles away that I couldn't before. Illegitimately of course.

(as I debate putting that on XDA for the kiddies, ROFLMA!) (I won't)

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if the tower on the exit ramp at 256 & 70 carries sprint? I spoke with a climber yesterday that said he was here from out Iof town installing Sprint LTE in the area and that tower was near complete. Sure enough while driving by this morning, there is 2 guys dangling about 1/2 up the tower.

THAT would be awesome... Data coverage over there is TERRIBLE!

I mean I did get better coverage by updating my PRL. I mean I can pull in towers 20+ miles away that I couldn't before. Illegitimately of course.

It's always...this PRL sucks, I got slower speeds...  this one is better it gets faster speeds.  Then they argue up and down with me when I show them absolutely zero things changed with their area between the two PRLs.

THAT would be awesome... Data coverage over there is TERRIBLE!

I really hope this is true as someone who lives there the past year has been really bad with Sprint. I can't even hold phone calls at home without my Airave... 

Supposedly Sprint will be adding additional sites to the network to improve signal and performance in some areas.  I've read hints of this mentality and recently found this article adding some credit to this although this article covers the 2.5Ghz spectrum - it doesn't rule out what would be on additional sites - I'd think 1x  would be.

"New Street Research analyst Jonathan Chaplin wrote in a research note that he expects Sprint's total cell site count to increase to somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000 sites, more than offsetting disconnects of old Clearwire sites. That increase could lead to incremental revenue growth for American Tower, Crown Castle and SBA Communications, the three major U.S. tower companies, he wrote. Sprint formally took control of partner Clearwire last month.

Chaplain noted that the estimated new 12,000 to 17,000 Sprint macro sites will replace around 16,000 Clearwire sites that will be decommissioned. However, he wrote this is a positive for tower companies, since the risk of Clearwire site decommissioning has been clear for some time while Sprint's expansion of Clearwire's spectrum was not confirmed until this week. Chaplin also wrote that Clearwire has paid below market rent on most of its towers and that the revenue per site on the new Clearwire replacement sites should increase to market levels. (The expanded Clearwire deployment will require adding antennas to cell sites, Sprint CFO Euteneuer told FierceWireless, not just replacing line cards.)"

(August 1st,2013)

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analyst-sprints-nationwide-25-ghz-lte-network-could-be-boon-tower-companies/2013-08-01

• Like 3

I can't connect to 800 unless I update prl. It does not connect even though I'm only 1 mile away. Switch airplane mode no luck, power off and on no luck, update prl connects I don't know why. The version is the same 55015 I don't know if some startup program is pissing on my prl or if prl update does something other than just update prl.

I can't connect to 800 unless I update prl. It does not connect even though I'm only 1 mile away. Switch airplane mode no luck, power off and on no luck, update prl connects I don't know why. The version is the same 55015 I don't know if some startup program is pissing on my prl or if prl update does something other than just update prl.

Because you are forcing your phone to rescan the GEO..nothing more.

Because you are forcing your phone to rescan the GEO..nothing more.

I haven't left Pittsburgh region"My home region" in a week. And it connects to the sites 1xrtt fine. I know they use different sid's 4171 for 1xrtt and 22427 for 1x800. Just seems weird that I have to update prl everytime I charge or restart my phone. I would think it would save the GEO so it would connect to 800 faster.

I haven't left Pittsburgh region"My home region" in a week. And it connects to the sites 1xrtt fine. I know they use different sid's 4171 for 1xrtt and 22427 for 1x800. Just seems weird that I have to update prl everytime I charge or restart my phone. I would think it would save the GEO so it would connect to 800 faster.

A Geo is more than just one SID.

It's not weird at all, it is by design to not scan around all the time as long as you are at the highest priority with PCS is.

Your phone is saving the Geo and SID along with the channels you last connected to since it was the highest priority. When you reboot or toggle airplane mode it goes back instantly without wasting time to scan around. When you force a PRL update the device forgets all that and starts from the top as it thinks the rules have changed. And since 800smr is on scan first same priority your device finds it and uses it. When you lose 800smr it goes to PCS but will not scan around since it has the high priority already.

A Geo is more than just one SID.

It's not weird at all, it is by design to not scan around all the time as long as you are at the highest priority with PCS is.

Your phone is saving the Geo and SID along with the channels you last connected to since it was the highest priority. When you reboot or toggle airplane mode it goes back instantly without wasting time to scan around. When you force a PRL update the device forgets all that and starts from the top as it thinks the rules have changed. And since 800smr is on scan first same priority your device finds it and uses it. When you lose 800smr it goes to PCS but will not scan around since it has the high priority already.

Well thank you for explaining the priority. My house is in a 1x dead spot but I have 1x800 in my living room very spotty. Maybe when 800 is fully deployed they will change the priority around so it will eventually scan for 800.

Well thank you for explaining the priority. My house is in a 1x dead spot but I have 1x800 in my living room very spotty. Maybe when 800 is fully deployed they will change the priority around so it will eventually scan for 800.

Probably not. You will probably see it go the other way as in 800smr is only scanned for if PCS is gone like the Iphone is setup. But as more sites go 800smr you will notice that you are using it more.