Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

My 800 tower is so inconsistent but Damn it has some range on it... I can pick it up around my house in Granville and also on 161, will drop the signal between 310 and Beech rd.

The thing though, never know when or if I'll pick it up, lucky I have signal check pro bc I would never know about 800 bc my EVO lte just picks it up and drops it at random. Prolly doesn't help not having backhaul yet on the tower.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My 800 tower is so inconsistent but Damn it has some range on it... I can pick it up around my house in Granville and also on 161, will drop the signal between 310 and Beech rd. The thing though, never know when or if I'll pick it up, lucky I have signal check pro bc I would never know about 800 bc my EVO lte just picks it up and drops it at random. Prolly doesn't help not having backhaul yet on the tower. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Uhm.... Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble. But don't hold your breathe for additional 800 directly in Granville, besides the newly accepted site NE of downtown Granville. For the near future.

Ummmm, no... We have 800 accepted tower in Granville already....

I'm picking up the 800 all the way from Granville!

My bad, I had to correct myself. Check the update.

I believe thenight said the Columbus Rd tower is NV 3g/800 also. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't believe so. Not near future, but we'll see.

Pretty good stuff!

a2aqeje7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I wonder which tower you are connecting too... The tower right next to I-270 is the one I connect to at work and it has the same old coverage / speed.  In our building, I'm lucky to get one bar for most of the office.  I can't wait for 800 to get accepted on this tower.

I wonder which tower you are connecting too... The tower right next to I-270 is the one I connect to at work and it has the same old coverage / speed.  In our building, I'm lucky to get one bar for most of the office.  I can't wait for 800 to get accepted on this tower.

I can get 2.2 mb on the old 3G on any tower. It just depends on how loaded that cell is at the time. One time it will be 2.5 mb, next time .3 mb. Also server load at the other end of the test affects output. 

Took a screen shot of received LTE while out on a walk in GC, near Old Haughn and Orders area:

wuyS9IIl.png

I'm not sure why it says Piketon, OH, as that's about an hour south of where I was.

Edited by cantcme

Took a screen shot of received LTE while out on a walk in GC, near Old Haughn and Orders area:

Posted Image

I'm not sure why it says Piketon, OH, as that's about an hour south of where I was.

That's just the server the speed test app is using.

wuyS9IIl.png

Speeds probably pretty slow as it looks like on Sensorly, the LTE signal is pretty weak there. Note that your signal strength in that screenshot is of the 1X site you are also connected to, and does not represent your LTE signal strength.
  • Like 2

Did another tower go live?

Noticed on the Sensorely map that when going north of Morse it fades out, but there is now some pretty dark purple near on 71n right near where it hits 270 near westerville.  Then it stops of course, but still it goes from light signal to very strong signal right there.  Wonder if a tower in that area went live and it just hasn't been mapped yet.

Did another tower go live?

Noticed on the Sensorely map that when going north of Morse it fades out, but there is now some pretty dark purple near on 71n right near where it hits 270 near westerville.  Then it stops of course, but still it goes from light signal to very strong signal right there.  Wonder if a tower in that area went live and it just hasn't been mapped yet.

Or it could be that a Galaxy Nexus polluted the results. I'm thinking it's that, given that right next to that dark purple it shows really low signal.

Or it could be that a Galaxy Nexus polluted the results. I'm thinking it's that, given that right next to that dark purple it shows really low signal.

Does the Galaxy Nexus have a really strong antenna, or does sensorly not report signal strength properly on it?

Does the Galaxy Nexus have a really strong antenna, or does sensorly not report signal strength properly on it?

The GNex has a bad radio. Reports false information. It reports a really strong signal when it really has a weak one or no signal at all.

Vice Versa the Nexus reports incorrectly, because it has bad EVERYTHING! ;)

• Like 2

Now take back all those hurtful things that were said about our tender Galaxy Nexuses, COZisBack! My poor phone was crying itself to sleep. :)

/I still promise not to let it paint purple

• Like 1

Now take back all those hurtful things that were said about our tender Galaxy Nexuses, COZisBack! My poor phone was crying itself to sleep. :)

/I still promise not to let it paint purple

Hey, gotta call a spade a spade.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Gnex is the best phone out there for Sprint minus the screen size and battery life.

Uhm.... Ok. Sure..... Whatever you say sir....

• Like 1