How a Sprint Phone Is Born - PhoneScoop

supert0nes

These guys are on a Sprint role! I'm wondering why S4GRU didn't get the exclusive invite to tour Overland Park?!? ;)

http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=10935

Lot's to pull from this article, especially speculation about phablets etc. I think the biggest standout to me was that I interpreted

Devices have to conform with Sprint's Network Vision project and timeline, too. For example, all Sprint phones needed to support CDMA in the 800 MHz band by this year. LTE 4G devices can support just 1900 MHz this year, but starting next year all Sprint devices need to support LTE in the 800, 1900, and 2500 MHz bands, and also include HD Voice technology."

as all smartphones starting January 2013 will have to have LTE-800. Please don't let me be wrong!

• Like 7

awesome, now I have a timeline for my next phone, if I can keep myself from picking up an evo lte before then.

the timeline pic is nifty, looks like we can expect a 'tizen' (intel based) phone mid 2013 and keylime pie android early second half 2013.

also, it looks like we can expect the iphone 5 to only support 1 lte band, though the 5s or 6 should be triband.

Edited by dedub

These guys are on a Sprint role! I'm wondering why S4GRU didn't get the exclusive invite to tour Overland Park?!? ;)

http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=10935

Lot's to pull from this article, especially speculation about phablets etc. I think the biggest standout to me was that I interpreted

as all smartphones starting January 2013 will have to have LTE-800. Please don't let me be wrong!

I get my next upgrade in December so if that holds true then I'll be in luck.

alot of interesting points in that article. wow. But phablet by mid 2013. NOOOOOOoooooooo

i was hoping it would be sooner. Oh well, beggars can't be choosy.

Edit: Wait a minute, on the roadmap (shown below) it shows 5.5" display for the first part of 2013 that does fall into place with the rumor of end of year for the Note which is to be 5.5" The "Phablet" limits/TBD is set for the second half of 2013 which could be anything over 5.5"

Sprint2013Roadmap.jpg

Image Source: phonescoop

TS