Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

just got off the phone with sprint the network vision is to be complete 4/18/13 by 7pm central time for the allentown area i find that hard to belieave.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. But compared to where things were not so long ago, it's obvious the Philadelphia market (which includes the Lehigh Valley) has Network Vision upgrades going at a rapid rate. We've all watched for almost a year as dozens of other markets turn on their LTE sites before us, but now we're seeing real, tangible progress. It's never fast enough to satisfy everyone, but take comfort that Sensorly is showing more & more purple every day.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. But compared to where things were not so long ago, it's obvious the Philadelphia market (which includes the Lehigh Valley) has Network Vision upgrades going at a rapid rate. We've all watched for almost a year as dozens of other markets turn on their LTE sites before us, but now we're seeing real, tangible progress. It's never fast enough to satisfy everyone, but take comfort that Sensorly is showing more & more purple every day.

yea i dont care if it would be 1mb down i would be happy but now i cant even open facebook lol

yea i dont care if it would be 1mb down i would be happy but now i cant even open facebook lol

The endless spinning loading icons, the stalled email syncs and connection errors constantly plague me in the western burbs. Can't even force roam on the Note2. It was a blessing on the S3 in many of the areas I go. Hoping the improved 3g solves the issues. Don't really care about lte all that much.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I said to myself I would post when I seen LTE in my neck of the woods, sooo...

I picked up my first whiff of LTE driving through Sharon Hill, PA while driving on Chester Pike. I kept a signal even in my house where I have an Airave because my house is a black hole for most cell phones, Verizon being the only one with a good signal.

Before you ask, Yes I turned LTE off in favor of my very fast home wifi. I want mine and your speeds to stay as fast as they can be. But it was nice to see the LTE in my area.

Ill go map my area later if it is still active. Sensorly was the last thing on my mind when I heard that LTE chime from my SignalCheck App. GO SPRINT!!!!

• Like 3

4G was back on in Horsham today.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm happy to see this...I think it's been on all week. Hopefully this tower (which is in Willow Grove) stays active as it also gives moderate LTE coverage in my neighborhood. As I sit on my living room couch, my phone shows -112 dBm. If I step outside, it improves to -107 dBm or slightly better. Not great, but definitely usable. If I step far enough away from my house that I lose my WiFi, I don't really lose much performance.

Relative to the rest of the Philly metro area, we're very lucky in the northern suburbs to have the LTE coverage we do. I sat with my son today in the McDonalds in Southampton and was extremely happy with the Network speed. It was as good as being connected to my at home network.

I said to myself I would post when I seen LTE in my neck of the woods, sooo...

I picked up my first whiff of LTE driving through Sharon Hill, PA while driving on Chester Pike. I kept a signal even in my house where I have an Airave because my house is a black hole for most cell phones, Verizon being the only one with a good signal.

Before you ask, Yes I turned LTE off in favor of my very fast home wifi. I want mine and your speeds to stay as fast as they can be. But it was nice to see the LTE in my area.

Ill go map my area later if it is still active. Sensorly was the last thing on my mind when I heard that LTE chime from my SignalCheck App. GO SPRINT!!!!

Every time I drive through your area on my way to or from Delaware now, I can count on getting an LTE signal along 95 from US 322 up to 476 & then on & off up the Blue Route for most of the ride to the turnpike. I swear my EVO LTE learns the towers on it's own so it improves every day. My Note 2 just picks up LTE right off the bat and carries the signal for longer distances.

I think you'll find that your EVO will pick it up a little better now every day. It's a blast figuring out where you can pick up LTE once you start mapping it.

Nice surprise for me tonight, I walked to the 7-11 around the corner from me (Zip Code 19128) and on my way back something told me to look at my phone and what do you know I see LTE up top, did a few speed runs and the results are not great (2 bars of service considering) but in an early stage I will take it. :D No LTE in my house however, once I walk up my steps to my door I lose signal and roll back to 3G. The 3G signal seems to be a bit better as well, I turned off my Airave so I could do some tests and I may not turn it back on for a bit. Just wish I could map it but the Sensorly app gets no love on iOS, thanks apple.

2uz3zi1.png

s486d4.png

Edited by BlueAngel

Nice surprise for me tonight, I walked to the 7-11 around the corner from me (Zip Code 19128) and on my way back something told me to look at my phone and what do you know I see LTE up top, did a few speed runs and the results are not great (2 bars of service considering) but in an early stage I will take it. :D No LTE in my house however, once I walk up my steps to my door I lose signal and roll back to 3G. The 3G signal seems to be a bit better as well, I turned off my Airave so I could do some tests and I may not turn it back on for a bit. Just wish I could map it but the Sensorly app gets no love on iOS, thanks apple.

2uz3zi1.png

s486d4.png

I'd LOVE these speeds! I live in an area with no cable or DSL and have a Mifi as my home internet connection. I'm happy now when I get anything faster than 0.75 Mbps down, but that really isn't enough to do any type of quality streaming.

Had a few bars of 4g in paoli near the shopping center. It went away ad I ventured towards newtown square.

Think they were just doing testing around Paoli yesterday. No more 4g, and my 3g is back to a crawl.

I'm giddy...I'm finding a 4G signal just about everywhere I go on a regular basis now. I get perfectly strong & useful LTE signal just about anywhere I go now in Willow Grove. I'd say close to 100% of the town has a 4G signal, with maybe 90% bringing better than 3G speeds. The remaining 10% will be good to go when they light up one more tower just north of town. And even with all that, there are more towers still scheduled to get NV upgrades. Knowing where they are, I'm confident that I will be able to eventually carry a good, usable LTE signal into any building in town and outperform my wife's iPhone 5 on the Verizon network. Hell, I already beat her speeds in my back yard, and my closest tower hasn't even seen an NV crew yet!

• Like 1

It's relieving and frustrating at the same time because every time I get it, it's just a glimmer. Come back later an it's gone. I wonder if they just test, shut down, test and shut down. Then one day they'll just flip the switch to on.

It's relieving and frustrating at the same time because every time I get it, it's just a glimmer. Come back later an it's gone. I wonder if they just test, shut down, test and shut down. Then one day they'll just flip the switch to on.

I feel your frustration, I'm in the western burbs and so far nothing past Exton but yet all the towers out to shentel land on RT 30 are NV complete just waiting for a flip of the switch.

I feel your frustration, I'm in the western burbs and so far nothing past Exton but yet all the towers out to shentel land on RT 30 are NV complete just waiting for a flip of the switch.

Yep. I'm in Bryn Mawr and travel out your way, up to Ptown and Sellersville. All those main corridors. Tougher considering we were 2 or so wimax.

Just mapped a small line of LTE on Rt. 82 just above Rt. 1 in Unionville/Kennett Square. I wasn't expecting to pick up 4G and didn't have time to map anywhere out of my way, only mapped about 2-3 miles on 4G. I'll have to try to get back over there later this week.

Great speeds too, 15 Mbps up/ 8 down.

Just mapped a small line of LTE on Rt. 82 just above Rt. 1 in Unionville/Kennett Square. I wasn't expecting to pick up 4G and didn't have time to map anywhere our of my way, only mapped about 2-3 on 4G. I'll have to try to get back over there later this week.

Great speeds too, 15 Mbps up/ 8 down.

That's new since last Tuesday. The tower is of 82 on the Unionville fire company's property

It seems like a new tower was turned on up in the Warrington area....I picked up a signal today on Rt 611 adjacent to the old Willow Grove NAS & then across County Line Rd up to BJs Wholesale Club. The signal wasn't real strong, but th network was still nice & quick. I'll have to do a little tower hunting...