Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Crazy enough, I actually picked up an LTE signal right as I pulled up to my house tonight. Based on how I'm sitting on the west side of a decent sized hill, that probably means another tower is active in the Willow Grove area. You know I'll be out & about later doing a search!

• Like 4

I did a nice big circle around the neighborhood...mapped up Rt 611 all the way to Fitzwatertown Rd and Rt 63 from Rt 611, past Willow Grove Mall, and then along the PA Turnpike behind Sam's Club & Walmart before I lost signal. I posted my guess on which tower is transmitting in the Sponsor forum.

• Like 2

Crazy enough, I actually picked up an LTE signal right as I pulled up to my house tonight. Based on how I'm sitting on the west side of a decent sized hill, that probably means another tower is active in the Willow Grove area. You know I'll be out & about later doing a search!

Haha - not to one-up you, but when I'm in my office, there's a certain part of my desk where if I sit my phone down I get a single bar of LTE...when I pick it up, it reverts to 3G :lol:

Steve

• Like 3

Haha - not to one-up you, but when I'm in my office, there's a certain part of my desk where if I sit my phone down I get a single bar of LTE...when I pick it up, it reverts to 3G :lol:

Steve

that's exactly how it is when I'm in my house.

• Like 1

So I picked up 3 4G points on Sensorly while running to Taco Bell for lunch...and I don't know where it was. :( It's a short drive, and none of it is LTE mapped yet, so I want to find it but it won't show up on the map. I'm way too impatient for my own good.

• Like 2

I was finally able to get an LTE signal in Bensalem on my way home today. Very strong signal & even swapped towers past Parx before losing 4G. Also, it appears the tower in Willow Grove was shut off today.

• Like 1

Sitting at home in my bed working, and just got a very pleasant surprise!

9y3ygyqe.jpg

But when I tried to get my wife's active EVO LTE to connect to it, it wouldn't. But it does appear to be available and broadcasting for the first time at my house. The signal is fluctuating quite a bit which is probably why her device wouldn't connect.

9y3ygyqe.jpg

But when I tried to get my wife's active EVO LTE to connect to it, it wouldn't. But it does appear to be available and broadcasting for the first time at my house. The signal is fluctuating quite a bit which is probably why her device wouldn't connect.

try rebooting the evo or toggle the airplane mode I had to do that to get an lte signal

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

try rebooting the evo or toggle the airplane mode I had to do that to get an lte signal

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I know the tricks, but they didn't work. The EVO notoriously sucks at picking up LTE signal. I'm just glad to know it's at least out there. But the signal strength is pretty low.

On my way in to work this morning on the PA Turnpike, I picked up LTE in Hatboro right near Byberry Rd. I carried it all the way to the Street Rd slip ramp, even handing off towers twice. One of the handoffs happened right in the slip ramp, then I lost the signal. I picked it up again a few blocks east on Street Rd, and then handed off to another tower which took me all the way to my office near Street Rd & I-95. The "blanket" is starting to come together...I'm happy to see my EVO LTE swapping towers.

I also picked up a weak LTE signal in Dresher once I was on the west side of the big hill on Susquehanna Rd near Twining Rd.

Yeah, I know the tricks, but they didn't work. The EVO notoriously sucks at picking up LTE signal. I'm just glad to know it's at least out there. But the signal strength is pretty low.

Your LTE signal is probably coming from a more distant site than your CDMA1X signal. Your 1X signal is good. You show a -101 RSRP signal for LTE, which should be useable but not full speed. Normally a -101 LTE signal will yield about 8 meg down and 2 up(depending on local conditions). Yes, the HTC EVO LTE hs been noted as being poor at picking up LTE. I dumped mine months ago and have a Galaxy S3 which is much much better. I have seen it hold onto a -129 signal but the connection was not useable.

Your LTE signal is probably coming from a more distant site than your CDMA1X signal. Your 1X signal is good. You show a -101 RSRP signal for LTE, which should be useable but not full speed. Normally a -101 LTE signal will yield about 8 meg down and 2 up(depending on local conditions).

The problem is the RSRQ -20 dB and SNR 0.1 dB. Both are terrible. The handset or signal is experiencing significant interference.

AJ

• Like 1

9y3ygyqe.jpg

That BSL is right next to the PA Turnpike / Rt 1 interchange...I picked up strong LTE from there all the way through Feasterville & Southampton and beyond, but I didn't see that LTE tower ID. Perhaps you were grabbing a signal from a distant tower like the one in Richboro? Either that or I just didn't notice it...I swapped towers three times in 5 minutes around Parx so I may have missed it.

I have heard from one of my friends that Chester, PA has had LTE for a week now.

I can definitely vouch...I passed through Chester on I-95 over the weekend & LTE was strong all the way through town.

Visiting my parents tonight in Huntingdon Valley, I was very surprised to find an LTE signal throughout the house. The closest LTE tower is a couple miles away. There is a clear line of sight to the tower though, so I guess that helps.

• Like 1