Sprint's LTE network to launch soon in Houston

marioc21

That's the headline of this story. Sprint had a meeting with some local media types in Houston and that was the vibe being given out.

“We’ve said it will be by mid-summer, and mid-summer is almost here,” said Tom Graves, Sprint’s technical lead for the Houston region.

http://blog.chron.co...+-+Full+Text%29

All general talk. No specifics given.

I'd love to see some updated lab documents with device info that might give us a hint of if this is an EVO LTE issue or just trying to get more network build out completed.

I'd love to see some updated lab documents with device info that might give us a hint of if this is an EVO LTE issue or just trying to get more network build out completed.

I took the following quote to validate the idea that the EVO LTE connectivity issue is what's causing this: "Before that can happen, Sprint will push out a small upgrade to owners of those devices that will allow it to use the LTE network." Seeing as we all know the EVO LTE can connect to LTE, an update wouldn't be necessary if that wasn't the reason.

I took the following quote to validate the idea that the EVO LTE connectivity issue is what's causing this: "Before that can happen, Sprint will push out a small upgrade to owners of those devices that will allow it to use the LTE network." Seeing as we all know the EVO LTE can connect to LTE, an update wouldn't be necessary if that wasn't the reason.

But that is only one handset with an issue. There is no update needed for Galaxy Nexus and Viper owners as there are already users with reported connections. I thought the only update needed was for Sprint to stop rejecting LTE connections at the towers themselves (or make the signals discoverable).