Photo

EVO 4G LTE not receiving texts or calls.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

My EVO suddenly started to not receive texts or calls. I can send texts fine and when I make a call, a incoming text will come in. I am not sure if this is been discussed before. Anybody else have this problem? I have tried several restarts and a reset.

#2 themuffinman

themuffinman

Member Level? It's Over 9000!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC One M8, HTC One Max(retired), Nexus 5, Nexus 7, HTC One(retired), EVOLTE(Retired), GNex(Retired)
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

My EVO suddenly started to not receive texts or calls. I can send texts fine and when I make a call, a incoming text will come in. I am not sure if this is been discussed before. Anybody else have this problem? I have tried several restarts and a reset.

I have had this happen to me quite a few times in the past especially when I am in the Virgin Islands, its definitely on the network side and not your phone.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.!!!

#3 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have had this happen to me quite a few times in the past especially when I am in the Virgin Islands, its definitely on the network side and not your phone.

Geez I hope so.

#4 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Did some googling and some stories say it is a software issue and some say with google voice. My gf has the same phone and hers works just fine, so Idk.

#5 koiulpoi

koiulpoi

Wait, I can change this? o.o

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5 Overly Red Edition; Nexus 7 2013 WiFi; Nokia N-Gage
  • LocationWest Michigan Market

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

If you have your MSL, open the dialpad and hit ##72786# and let the phone reprovision itself.

If you don't, call in to Care (*2) or take it in to a store.

Call me Koi, everyone else does.

If you're responding to my post, please quote me. I might miss it otherwise!

#6 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

If you have your MSL, open the dialpad and hit ##72786# and let the phone reprovision itself.

If you don't, call in to Care (*2) or take it in to a store.

Thanks, I just might have to do that this weekend. I don't have the MSL code.

#7 themuffinman

themuffinman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC One M8, HTC One Max(retired), Nexus 5, Nexus 7, HTC One(retired), EVOLTE(Retired), GNex(Retired)
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Did some googling and some stories say it is a software issue and some say with google voice. My gf has the same phone and hers works just fine, so Idk.

Have you ever used google voice?

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.!!!

#8 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Have you ever used google voice?

Just the google search thing. Is google voice different? If so, then no.

#9 themuffinman

themuffinman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Just the google search thing. Is google voice different? If so, then no.

Yes google voice is totally different that google now or google search.  So its safe to say that google voice isn't the issue, its definitely on the network side and not your phone.  A network issue doesn't necessarily have to affect every single phone at that moment.  Example, I told you that this used to happen to me quite often when I was in the Virgin Islands.  I carry two phones at all times but it would always happen to my galaxy nexus and never to my evo lte.  After network vision was complete(3g only) in the virgin islands its never happened again.

#10 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Yes google voice is totally different that google now or google search.  So its safe to say that google voice isn't the issue, its definitely on the network side and not your phone.  A network issue doesn't necessarily have to affect every single phone at that moment.  Example, I told you that this used to happen to me quite often when I was in the Virgin Islands.  I carry two phones at all times but it would always happen to my galaxy nexus and never to my evo lte.  After network vision was complete(3g only) in the virgin islands its never happened again.

Yea, I really hope it's nothing major. Would it also affect it when moving around to different cells?

#11 themuffinman

themuffinman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yea, I really hope it's nothing major. Would it also affect it when moving around to different cells?

Well there could definitely be a change in performance going from cell site to cell site.  In the meantime though, I would call sprint  and tell them whats happening.  They will probably walk you through reprovisioning your service, during the process they will give you a 6 digit code which will be your msl number.  Make sure you write it down.

#12 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well there could definitely be a change in performance going from cell site to cell site.  In the meantime though, I would call sprint  and tell them whats happening.  They will probably walk you through reprovisioning your service, during the process they will give you a 6 digit code which will be your msl number.  Make sure you write it down.

I will, thanks!

#13 CAREND

CAREND

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo 4G LTE/ HTC One
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I just resolved this issue with my HTC One this week.  I had to have the MSID changed.  so far it's worked well.  The phone would lose the voice connection and never connect to the network or would connect for a short period then go away again.  I would call tech and ask them to try a new MSID.

#14 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Called Sprint tonight, they had me dial that ##72786# but it did not prompt for the code. Did the reset and now works great again! Case closed. Thanks for the help guys!!

#15 Steven800

Steven800

Member Level: 1x Advanced

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Green iPhone 5c
  • LocationMaumelle, AR

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Just asking but did you have your phone rooted with a non stock recovery? Cause I was wanting to reprovision my phone but I have Twerp Work Recovery and MeanBean Rom and don't want to brick my phone. So that's why im curious. 

Called Sprint tonight, they had me dial that ##72786# but it did not prompt for the code. Did the reset and now works great again! Case closed. Thanks for the help guys!!

#16 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Just asking but did you have your phone rooted with a non stock recovery? Cause I was wanting to reprovision my phone but I have Twerp Work Recovery and MeanBean Rom and don't want to brick my phone. So that's why im curious. 

Nope, it is stock.

#17 Steven800

Steven800

Member Level: 1x Advanced

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Green iPhone 5c
  • LocationMaumelle, AR

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Thanks.

#18 Mooeydj

Mooeydj

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Believe it or not, it happened to my phone again last night. Fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users