caspar347

Windows 10 (Yes, You Heard That Right)

I still dont see whats wrong with vista. to my vista and 7 were basically the same just some ui changes.

That's exactly what I always thought!!

-Anthony

7 was a lot more stable. I was very happy with the performance boost over vista, even on an ancient Intel Core Duo.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I've found the opposite to be true. My Dad's Alienware with a top of the line NVIDIA graphics card (GTX 680) and a quad core i7 processor, along with 32 GB of RAM runs 7 worse than my PC that has an Intel Core 2 Duo and a low end AMD (well, it was ATI back then) graphics card ran Vista.

-Anthony

I still don't see what's wrong with vista. to my vista and 7 were basically the same just some ui changes. 

I heard a lot of compatibility issues with Windows Vista that MS had to get Windows 7 out before it took MS down the tubes but I could be wrong but I have a bunch of friends that hate Vista because some of their hardware was not working right even with the updates so they got rid of it and bought a Windows 7 desktop when 7 came out. I had a laptop running Windows XP Home and I waited to upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 Home when it came out so I skipped Windows Vista with the problems I heard from my friends and the tech sites I go to said not to get Vista do to the problems it had so I waited it out.

• Like 1

I think I am one of the few people that actually really likes Windows 8.  

I really like 8.1.  There were a few glaring issues in 8 for me.

I really like 8.1. There were a few glaring issues in 8 for me.

Yea I meant 8.1(windows 8 service pack 1).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I meant 8.1(windows 8 service pack 1).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I personally like 8.1.1 best...

Windows XP was good

Windows ME was the worst piece of junk ever

Windows 98 was good

Windows 95 was meh

Windows 3.1 (and 3.11) was solid

Windows 3.0 was meh

I can't comment on Windows 2 or 1.

Close :) 98 was alright but 98SE was the great one. 

I've been using 8 for a while on a laptop alongside using 7 for actual work. 8 is alright, the interface really comes into its own on a tablet. The problem was forcing it down peoples throats. Hopefully W10 will be as solid as 7&8 with the option to avoid metro on desktops but use it on laptops.

Phones are getting so powerful now we arent far off full windows on a phone, throw in a fold out screen and that would be a beast! The again I'm strange lol, it would probably only sell to me.

Close :) 98 was alright but 98SE was the great one. 

I've been using 8 for a while on a laptop alongside using 7 for actual work. 8 is alright, the interface really comes into its own on a tablet. The problem was forcing it down peoples throats. Hopefully W10 will be as solid as 7&8 with the option to avoid metro on desktops but use it on laptops.

Phones are getting so powerful now we arent far off full windows on a phone, throw in a fold out screen and that would be a beast! The again I'm strange lol, it would probably only sell to me.

I was counting 98 and 98SE as close enough in my mind (same thing for 3.1 and 3.11)

My problem with 8/8.1 is the interface. It didn't seem right for a desktop. I haven't heard many complaints about stability or compatibility though. From what little they let out, it looks like 10 address those issues. 

I haven't owned a Windows phone yet, but I am willing to try one. Hint, hint.

You know I beta tested Windows ME in the early days of it and I liked it better than Windows 98 First & 2nd Edition. I have every Windows OS from Windows 1.0 thru Windows 8.1 on a Blu-Ray Disc here with ALL flavors and on top of that all MS-DOS. Out of all the Windows you mention I like Windows XP the most before Windows 7 came out which Windows 7 is now 1st on my list then Windows XP then Windows ME.

I remember (and miss) the DOS prompt. :dep:

I liked XP and left it kicking and screaming. 7 has really grown on me. I also really thought that 98 hit the mark at the time. The only thing that (it some ways) made 98 better was 2000. I wanted NT with that nice 98 look.

• Like 1

I got it downloaded, may make a partition and try it out.

Installed in over windows 8.1 . it saved all my data but stashed all my programs in a windows.old folder. Seems very stable.... And I like that start menu. A major thing I've noticed is that in cmd you can ctrl v to paste things... That's a major feature I'm loving right now... Also I like the way the windows look now. They have a very minimal boarder around them.

• Like 1

Installed in over windows 8.1 . it saved all my data but stashed all my programs in a windows.old folder. Seems very stable.... And I like that start menu. A major thing I've noticed is that in cmd you can ctrl v to paste things... That's a major feature I'm loving right now... Also I like the way the windows look now. They have a very minimal boarder around them.

Any 90 days limits or anything? I would need to use it for a while.

Any 90 days limits or anything? I would need to use it for a while.

It is going to work until April 15 2015. And it will get updates during that whole time. 6732aae2ef02f3da5a9e08806ed6d571.jpg

That's not bad.

By that time the consumer preview will be out and everyone will be able to upgrade to that. I think they're gonna have a way for everyone to have windows 10 up until it launches like they did with 8.

I ran the preview for win 8 when it first came out and it wasn't a issue. By the time April 15 hits I would be willing to clean install things anyway. Gotta make sure a couple apps will work for sure before I go in naked. I use my pc as a media streaming pc using plex and I don't want to mess up my flow.

I ran the preview for win 8 when it first came out and it wasn't a issue. By the time April 15 hits I would be willing to clean install things anyway. Gotta make sure a couple apps will work for sure before I go in naked. I use my pc as a media streaming pc using plex and I don't want to mess up my flow.

I would definitely try it on a secondary PC first or a VM to make sure everything works.
  • Like 1

I'll just cut out a partition and go from there. If the partition is good I'll just go full in. Not new to this at all.

Edited by david279
  • Like 1

Yup, Desktop chrome was the first thing I installed.

• Like 1

Installed it yesterday. Turned off the start menu and went back to start screen  :wacko: ... Used to hate the start screen now I'd rather have it, think I'm too lazy to re-map my brain again.

So far so good, caught a couple of bugs but it's running solid

Did I miss Windows 9? :scratch:

there are apps that perform a Windows 9* search, so they skipped to 10 for compatibility reasons, allegedly