Finally got Lollipop today! Really posses me off that it was more than 3 months after the M8, especially since it is the same phone inside.

So far I'm loving it, but testing notifications are weird. using stock messenger app. I thought the text would appear at the top of the screen, but it doesn't. Just the icon in the status bar. Setting I can change somewhere?

I haven't tried it on a sense rom yet, but if it's like standard lollipop you can have it show a pop up type notification at the top of the screen briefly but it won't scroll through the notification bar like kit kat.

I haven't tried it on a sense rom yet, but if it's like standard lollipop you can have it show a pop up type notification at the top of the screen briefly but it won't scroll through the notification bar like kit kat.

Yeah, I don't think the Sense messaging app has been updated for that yet ... Guess I'll have to wait for Sense 7 for that

In the meantime, I downloaded the Google app "Messenger" and it's great! It obviously has full lollipop functionality, and I can respond to texts without even having to unlock! So awesome.

Yeah, I don't think the Sense messaging app has been updated for that yet ... Guess I'll have to wait for Sense 7 for that

In the meantime, I downloaded the Google app "Messenger" and it's great! It obviously has full lollipop functionality, and I can respond to texts without even having to unlock! So awesome.

I've been using Hangouts for SMS for a while on every device I've had. At first I didn't care much for it, but it's grown on me. The integration with Google Voice was just a plus.

I've been using Hangouts for SMS for a while on every device I've had. At first I didn't care much for it, but it's grown on me. The integration with Google Voice was just a plus.

This isn't Hangouts though ... I do like Hangouts, but even Hangouts doesn't let you reply from the notification.

If I integrate my GV with Hangouts, can I send texts from my computer using the Hangouts app for Chrome?

This isn't Hangouts though ... I do like Hangouts, but even Hangouts doesn't let you reply from the notification.

If I integrate my GV with Hangouts, can I send texts from my computer using the Hangouts app for Chrome?

I reply to SMS through Hangouts from the lock screen notifications all the time, I'm not sure why it won't let you. Yes you would be able to send/receive sms from any computer using Chrome with the Hangouts extension installed. You can even make or receive calls if you have a headset for your computer.

I reply to SMS through Hangouts from the lock screen notifications all the time, I'm not sure why it won't let you. Yes you would be able to send/receive sms from any computer using Chrome with the Hangouts extension installed. You can even make or receive calls if you have a headset for your computer.

Interesting, mine doesn't let me.l: 481733ec59dd96fe392d17171b3435cc.jpg

As opposed to with Messenger:

c35f400ff56ff2f970c6f1c6e6d57b95.jpg1f6e58686a6f95cdef874ed2584c9454.jpg

Interesting, mine doesn't let me.l:

As opposed to with Messenger:

I see what you're saying, you're right it doesn't let me reply that way. I have to click on the notification to open Hangouts and send through the app. That is a pretty nice feature.

I see what you're saying, you're right it doesn't let me reply that way. I have to click on the notification to open Hangouts and send through the app. That is a pretty nice feature.

Yup! Works when it pops up when you are doing something else also! Basically like Facebook Messenger, only easier and less annoying.
  • Like 1