Network Vision/LTE - Austin Market

t3lancer2007

Oh no. How do I find out if a site is 8t8r then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need the GCI, or "Serving Cell" number that is shown on the LTE Engineering screen. You'll need to convert that DEC number into a HEX value. If the Band 41 GCI is equal to the Band 25 GCI + HEX(1450) then it is 8T8R. Or, if the first three character are one value higher (ie 084 vs 085) then it is an 8T8R.

You need the GCI, or "Serving Cell" number that is shown on the LTE Engineering screen. You'll need to convert that DEC number into a HEX value. If the Band 41 GCI is equal to the Band 25 GCI + HEX(1450) then it is 8T8R. Or, if the first three character are one value higher (ie 084 vs 085) then it is an 8T8R.

In field test there is serving cell info and serving cell measurements, will those categories contain the info I need?

Each band has a different TAC.

For our Ericsson/Nokia sites, the TAC is the same for B25/B41. Only B26 is different, usually +50 from the B25 TAC.

Oh no. How do I find out if a site is 8t8r then?

If your just trying to determine if the site is Clear vs 8T8R, look at the beginning of the GCI for the site. I'll use the Nashville Market as an example. In Nashville, B25/B26 sites begin with 058, 8T8R sites in Nashville begin with 059, and Clear sites are completely different, beginning with 02D. If the TAC is similar to your B25 TAC, it could be a nearby site across a TAC boundary, or if it is very different, it is likely a Clear site. Hope this helps.

In field test there is serving cell info and serving cell measurements, will those categories contain the info I need?

Serving cell Info and then cell identity. Use this to convert it.

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

For our Ericsson/Nokia sites, the TAC is the same for B25/B41. Only B26 is different, usually +50 from the B25 TAC.

It is? I thought I noticed them being different. Can't test it at the moment, no 8T8Rs anywhere near me here in Springfield.

If your just trying to determine if the site is Clear vs 8T8R, look at the beginning of the GCI for the site. I'll use the Nashville Market as an example. In Nashville, B25/B26 sites begin with 058, 8T8R sites in Nashville begin with 059, and Clear sites are completely different, beginning with 02D. If the TAC is similar to your B25 TAC, it could be a nearby site across a TAC boundary, or if it is very different, it is likely a Clear site. Hope this helps.

It's not as easy on an iPhone, no Signal Check.

It's not as easy on an iPhone, no Signal Check.

Just noticed it was an iPhone. Another reason why I'll never own one. I guess the last part of what I said could still be used if he can see the TAC.

If the TAC is similar to your B25 TAC, it could be a nearby site across a TAC boundary, or if it is very different, it is likely a Clear site.

Band 26 was 03C8AE1B and band 41 was 03D5678D so.. No dice on 8t8r. Right? Y'all are very helpful :) these were the Hex values from the cell identity.

03C is B25, so 03D would be 8T8R. (The calculator always strips the leading 0)

Band 26 was 3C8AE1B and band 41 was 3D5678D so.. No dice on 8t8r. Right? Y'all are very helpful :) these were the Hex values from the cell identity.

i hate how overly complicated it is to identify 8er sites on iPhone. Sigh.

i hate how overly complicated it is to identify 8er sites on iPhone. Sigh.

It's very difficult, but at least I now know b41 is 8t8r on my home site. I've been considering getting a cheap tri band android just due to how hard it is to figure out site details like 8t8r. LTE discovery and signal check are helpful, but so are you guys!

It's very difficult, but at least I now know b41 is 8t8r on my home site. I've been considering getting a cheap tri band android just due to how hard it is to figure out site details like 8t8r. LTE discovery and signal check are helpful, but so are you guys!

If it was never a Clear site, not sure why it was a question? No clear sites are being added, so it had to be 8T8R.

If it was never a Clear site, not sure why it was a question? No clear sites are being added, so it had to be 8T8R.

I didn't know actually if all Sprint b41 was going to be 8t8r. Sprint has yet to update their coverage map for where I live too. It's still shown that regular LTE is all that is available.

I didn't know actually if all Sprint b41 was going to be 8t8r. Sprint has yet to update their coverage map for where I live too. It's still shown that regular LTE is all that is available.

All new B41 is 8T8R. Thought that had been pretty clear earlier in this forum, and throughout the whole site.

Sprint likely won't update the coverage map to depict new B41 coverage until it is solid. As in most of the market, rather than a site by site basis.

All new B41 is 8T8R. Thought that had been pretty clear earlier in this forum, and throughout the whole site.

Sprint likely won't update the coverage map to depict new B41 coverage until it is solid. As in most of the market, rather than a site by site basis.

I am very un-observant at times. Thank you none the less.

His home site is 5248513 which converts to 00501601 hex. Band 25 is 03C so it's a clear unless things have changed in a month.

Just a so you know 004 is boston.

His home site is 5248513 which converts to 00501601 hex. Band 25 is 03C so it's a clear unless things have changed in a month.

Just a so you know 004 is boston.

I never, ever, ever, had clear service at my address.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. It seems I had b41 at my house but now it's gone :/ testing? It's upsetting.

AJ

• Like 3

What is the average speed for band 41?

All the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the band 41 speeds are above average….

AJ