Phone swap question

schmidtj

I want to swap a iPhone 6S for an iPhone 7 on one of my existing lines.
If I keep the 6S powered on and the 7 powered off and enter the proper IMEI and ICCID on the
Sprint Activate screen for the iPhone 7 will the existing 6S remain active until I power on the 7
or will the 7 take over the 6S' phone number immediately?

I'd like to stage the swap but don't want it to actually happen immediately.

J

I want to swap a iPhone 6S for an iPhone 7 on one of my existing lines.
If I keep the 6S powered on and the 7 powered off and enter the proper IMEI and ICCID on the
Sprint Activate screen for the iPhone 7 will the existing 6S remain active until I power on the 7
or will the 7 take over the 6S' phone number immediately?
I'd like to stage the swap but don't want it to actually happen immediately.
J

You'll be in an inconsistent state. LTE will stop working immediately and switch to the new SIM. CDMA I believe will be stuck on the old one until it's powered off. Or at least it will prevent the 7 from completing setup or using CDMA until it is.

I don't remember if the 6s or 7 use eCSFB or SRLTE, but either way you'll likely have CDMA issues as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you. 
I thought it might work the way I wanted because on at least one occasion I purchased a new iPhone direct from Apple. Before it arrived I displayed the phone in my sprint and it showed the new phone while the old phone still worked.