Keep a Word, Drop a Word #7

S4GRU

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• A new SignalCheck Pro update is now available on Google Play! Notable changes: Improved duplicate LTE GCI cleanup function. Duplicates with the greater number of recorded connection 'hits' will now be kept. Duplicate entries appear for a variety of reasons but can cause neighbor cell notes to display improperly. Strongly recommend running this cleanup function occasionally. Improved site note logging functionality. Better matching of co-located cells and prior Sprint sites. Overhauled display functions to fully re-sync all information when reopening app or with swipe-down gesture. The swipe-down gesture now essentially restarts the core functions of the app. Other changes: Added 5G-NR band to notification pulldown title. Added accent colors for additional wireless providers. Added option to disable street address geocoding when editing a site note; coordinates will populate instead. Code optimizations and enhancements. Improved identification of unregistered 5G-NR cells. Improved LTE PLMN identification on some devices. Resolved issue with log import proceeding when log backup fails. Resolved issue with some 5G-NR connections displaying improper band. Resolved issue with some 5G-NR neighbor cells displaying improper band. Updated internal libraries. As always, I appreciate everyone's support. Dual SIM bugs are *still* being ironed out but it is a priority to resolve. Thanks!
    • Bribery. No discussion yet on whether the two laws will be revoked (which should happen). https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/05/att-paid-bribes-to-get-two-major-pieces-of-legislation-passed-us-govt-says/
    • https://www.fierce-network.com/wireless/t-mobiles-appetite-more-25-ghz-alive-and-well?__cf_chl_tk=E8B8E2cXIEfkSd2I6oKIMlE1.2OR2YbUh7Dl9Kkt_Os-1715722620-0.0.1.1-1770 Discusses pending deal for more 2.5Ghz for T-Mobile that may ultimately benefit AT&T.
    • If they're splitting it up, there's nothing stopping T-Mobile from doing a deal first and then the rest of the company being bought by Verizon or AT&T at a later date.  I can't see why you'd have to have both lined up at once. I'm reminded of when nTelos shut down.  They sold off the PCS spectrum they had in the "eastern market" (Richmond/Norfolk) to T-Mobile where they didn't have the Sprint deal first, and then later did the sale to Sprint and Shentel. - Trip
    • Reportedly Verizon has backed out, but that could be a negotiating tactic. T-Mobile needs another purchaser. They are doing a mmWave spectrum swap with AT&T, so maybe them. Could always go with a spectrum speculator.  The duo may not want the debt on their books until 2026.  I think the towers and customers may be dumped (handled separately).