Calling 911 experiences while roaming?

Bob Newhart

I'm curious to hear if anyone has called 911 while using their Sprint phone while roaming.

I know you can call 911 even when there are no reported signal bars on the phone display, if the phone's technology supports using another carrier.

But what about using Verizon's 700 Mhz VoLTE and T-Mobile's 700 VoLTE bands, the latest iPhones support these voice/bands, but Sprint doesn't yet.

Does that mean calling 911 will never pick up a VoLTE signal on these bands?

On 7/21/2018 at 11:42 PM, Bob Newhart said:

I'm curious to hear if anyone has called 911 while using their Sprint phone while roaming.

I know you can call 911 even when there are no reported signal bars on the phone display, if the phone's technology supports using another carrier.

But what about using Verizon's 700 Mhz VoLTE and T-Mobile's 700 VoLTE bands, the latest iPhones support these voice/bands, but Sprint doesn't yet.

Does that mean calling 911 will never pick up a VoLTE signal on these bands?

If the device supports it, it will use it for 911 calls, is my experience. I know once for some reason I had set my LG V20 to LTE only on a custom ROM and couldn't make any calls. I needed to make a 911 call however, and it latched onto... Verizon 1X I think to make the call. 

On 7/22/2018 at 2:42 AM, Bob Newhart said:

So if I'm in the woods next to a T-Mobile only site on a new iPhone, and my Sprint device shows "No Service," it will attempt the call over T-Mobile? 

15 hours ago, burnout8488 said:

So if I'm in the woods next to a T-Mobile only site on a new iPhone, and my Sprint device shows "No Service," it will attempt the call over T-Mobile? 

It should be able to call over any network it picks up, no matter which company.

This is why when your phone shows no service, you can still make a 911 call if another company has coverage.