Oh HTC :(

centermedic

After almost ten years of nothing but HTC cell phones, we had to go in another direction. Picked up a moto Z Force for the wife to replace her A9 and I got an essential phone to replace my HTC 10. Really wanted to stay with HTC but they have nothing to compel me to pay the amount of money that they want for their phones. It is almost as if they are no longer trying which is too bad.

2 minutes ago, centermedic said:

After almost ten years of nothing but HTC cell phones, we had to go in another direction. Picked up a moto Z Force for the wife to replace her A9 and I got an essential phone to replace my HTC 10. Really wanted to stay with HTC but they have nothing to compel me to pay the amount of money that they want for their phones. It is almost as if they are no longer trying which is too bad.

My wife has the Moto Z2 Force.  She loves it.  WiFi was messed up and she had to replace it.  Returned it.  Second unit has been good.  Still waiting on the projector to arrive via FedEx ground.  Been travelling over the road from Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana.  Should be frozen solid by the time it gets to Washington State.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

My wife has the Moto Z2 Force.  She loves it.  WiFi was messed up and she had to replace it.  Returned it.  Second unit has been good.  Still waiting on the projector to arrive via FedEx ground.  Been travelling over the road from Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana.  Should be frozen solid by the time it gets to Washington State.

Yup. The wife likes her Moto so far. I just made sure she had a screen protector on day one!

• Like 2

Gotta say I'm happy with the Essential for the most part.  Did drop it last week and cracked the screen.  They were quick to replace it too. Htc just fell off after the M8. I did NOT like the 10.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, CAREND said:

Gotta say I'm happy with the Essential for the most part.  Did drop it last week and cracked the screen.  They were quick to replace it too. Htc just fell off after the M8. I did NOT like the 10.

The 10 was a pretty good phone although I missed my true dual speaker set up.

• Like 1

I too moved away from HTC. I’ve had almost every model Sprint carried since the Audiovox 3100.. but Pixel 2 XL called my name. I had nothing but problems with my HTC10. I had a case open and still open since May of last year. No resolution. Once in a while they send out an email. “We are working hard to resolve your case” blah blah.. I moved away from Sprint too. New phone new carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I have been using HTC phones since the EVO 4g. I had a short stint with the Nexus 5 between the HTC 7 and 8. When htc upgraded the 10 to Nougat we suddenly had horrible battery life. It got so bad that we ended up forking out the money for two pixel 2 phones.

The speakers on this phone are what should have been in the HTC 10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk