Bitcoin Tipping Suggestion

irev210

It would be really neat if S4GRU.COM got a tip button that could support these efforts.

People could donate 10 cents or 20 cents here or there and have it pool into the gift account.

Like a post Robert or AJ made?  Tip them!  Great way for micropayments to add up and make a difference on this site.

22,000 members - 10 cents each could do a lot of good!
  • Like 1

It would be really neat if S4GRU.COM got a tip button that could support these efforts.

People could donate 10 cents or 20 cents here or there and have it pool into the gift account.

Like a post Robert or AJ made?  Tip them!  Great way for micropayments to add up and make a difference on this site.

22,000 members - 10 cents each could do a lot of good!

That would be a good idea, but it seems a bit of a headache for Robert, as I remember he mentioned in the past that donations less than 5 bucks are merely a headache, they are appreciated but they are more of a pain than anything.  Not his exact words, just what I remember.  Also of those 22000 members how many are actually active on the site?

You are right though 10 cents here and 10 cents there does make a difference.

That would be a good idea, but it seems a bit of a headache for Robert, as I remember he mentioned in the past that donations less than 5 bucks are merely a headache, they are appreciated but they are more of a pain than anything.  Not his exact words, just what I remember.  Also of those 22000 members how many are actually active on the site?

You are right though 10 cents here and 10 cents there does make a difference.

I would imagine that paypal fees and tracking of such low amounts are uneconomic.

However, with tipping, there are no fees and it would all go into one pool - eliminating the hassle of tracking.

Until the world of Bitcoin settles down, has very little risk, and goes a little more mainstream, we will not be able to dedicate resources or accept the risk associated with Bitcoin.

• Like 1

Until the world of Bitcoin settles down, has very little risk, and goes a little more mainstream, we will not be able to dedicate resources or accept the risk associated with Bitcoin.

I didnt know he was referring to bitcoin.  But I do remember dogecoin does tipping as well.  but you are correct Robert its got way too many ups and downs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an FYI, Microsoft is now accepting bitcoin:

The number of merchants accepting bitcoin now is very robust - I think that speaks to how mainstream this now is.

I still would love the ability to "tip" great posts.
  • Like 1