CDMA 800 Testing PRL

I may have gotten something from L.A. but I can't upload the screenshot from Tapatalk.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hit the little camera on your message reply. Pick gallery. Pick the picture. Pick tapatalk hosted. Works great here.

• Like 1

I'll upload it later. I'll just leave this here for the moment: Band# CDMA Cellular, CH# 476 and SID# 22429.

Rai, you did find me a protection site once. Did you come through with another first discovery???

I'm waiting with baited breath!!!! :azn:

Robert

I'm glad to know the PRL works properly on phones equipped for Band Class 10-- though the band should be reported as "CDMA Cellular 2nd", but who knows how the firmware for the radio is configured! The PRL scan will ALWAYS prioritize the ESMR 1x carrier over your native PCS 1x carrier, but the EVDO (3G) association will always use your native PCS carriers. Please note that use of this PRL will likely cause increased battery draw since the phone will periodically scan for ESMR 1x carriers as a preferred link even if you have a great signal on your PCS 1x carrier. If you'd like to have any functionality changed, please let me know... I can disable EVDO upon ESMR 1x acquisition if you want that. I made it this way so that you can still use your phone normally and let it scan for ESMR carriers in the background.

• Like 1

What app is this that tells you the channel that you are using?

Band Class 1 is PCS (1900 MHz)... every band class has its own channel numbering scheme.

FYI..

For band class 1 (PCS)-- A block starts at 1850 MHz with channel 0... the spacing is 50 kHz per channel and the downlink frequency is 80 MHz higher than the uplink. The first usable CDMA channel is 25, then 50, 75, etc.

For band class 10 (ESMR) -- Channel 0 is 806 MHz... every channel is 25 kHz wide and the downlink is 45 MHz higher than the uplink. The first usable channel (to Sprint handsets as FCC approved) is centered at 817.9 MHz, which is 476, then 526, and 576 and 626. 676 would only be usable with allowances made by the area's cellular A side (band class 0) carrier.

I would go into band class 0 (cellular), but I've had too much wine-- there are two different channel numbering schemes and CDMA carriers in this band are 1.23 MHz wide rather than 1.25 MHz in all other band classes... you'll only see this band class when roaming on Verizon or Cellular South, so don't worry about it.

• Like 2

Edit: Now Tapatalk uploads the picture (Finally)

42574518-6a30-66f0.jpg

You're on the FAR edge of that cell-- you must be 5 miles from that tower! Signal is weak, but you're on ESMR. Service Option 0 may mean you're not actually in service... The big question is whether your forward link is set to RC-11, which would indicate 1xAdvanced versus 1xRTT, which would be RC-3.

Edit: Now Tapatalk uploads the picture (Finally)

42574518-6a30-66f0.jpg

Channel 476? That is an ESMR band and it's in Riverside? Wow. Sprint is moving fast in some areas!

You're on the FAR edge of that cell-- you must be 5 miles from that tower! Signal is weak, but you're on ESMR. Service Option 0 may mean you're not actually in service... The big question is whether your forward link is set to RC-11, which would indicate 1xAdvanced versus 1xRTT, which would be RC-3.

Well I was in the freeway when I screenshot it (wasn't driving though). The weak signal does explain why it kept changing from CDMA cellular to CDMA PCS.

Edited by UndeadNexus

Well I was in the freeway when I screenshot it (wasn't driving though). The band# did flicker from CDMA cellular to CDMA PCS.

yeah-- the PRL should jump to the standard PCS scan if it loses the ESMR signal (goes below -113 dBm)... but it will ALWAYS search for the ESMR carrier first and constantly-- even if it has a good PCS carrier signal. You should be seeing significantly lower battery life-- SORRY!

yeah-- the PRL should jump to the standard PCS scan if it loses the ESMR signal (goes below -113 dBm)... but it will ALWAYS search for the ESMR carrier first and constantly-- even if it has a good PCS carrier signal. You should be seeing significantly lower battery life-- SORRY!

That's ok. I can switch back to my old prl anytime. Forgot to mention that I saw some engineers working on a tower near the freeway in downtown L.A. I don't know if it was a Sprint tower though.

Channel 476? That is an ESMR band and it's in Riverside? Wow. Sprint is moving fast in some areas!

Actually, this was from downtown L.A. Riverside's still on 1xRTT (for now).

Edited by UndeadNexus

Actually, that was from downtown L.A. Riverside's still on 1xRTT (for now).

Downtown LA? Even more surprising.

Thanks for sharing

I'm waiting with baited breath!!!!

Robert, have you been eating bait? Eww! And, judging from another thread, eating that bait has not only given you bad breath but also grown hair on your brain.

;)

AJ

Robert, have you been eating bait? Eww! And, judging from another thread, eating that bait has not only given you bad breath but also grown hair on your brain.

AJ

XD hahaha

It would have to be in LA. There is active deployment going on Downtown, the 110 Corridor, Hollywood and San Fernando. There is no activity in the Riverside market yet.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Was it determined that the Evo cannot lock to the G block? Which block would channel 725, band class 1, band # CDMA PCS be?

Are you talking about the EVO 4G or EVO 3D?

Was it determined that the Evo cannot lock to the G block? Which block would channel 725, band class 1, band # CDMA PCS be?

PCS 0725 is the first full CDMA1X channel assignment in the PCS D block, which is one of two PCS A-F licenses (the PCS E block is the other) that Sprint holds in Chicago.

When I was last in Chicago a few months ago, PCS 0325 and 0725 were the two EV-DO carriers that I encountered, while PCS 0350, 0375, and 0775 were the three 1X carriers that I spotted. So, I suspect that your PCS 0725 is an EV-DO carrier.

AJ