Tower issue possible?

htcguy

Hi, Ive been noticing late at night time everynight around 11:30PM I loose cell service and the tower is not far from my house (about 1 mile away) and it goes out for about 5 mins. (well everynight I have been around my phone at that time)....  Does anyone else have this issuse? I am not the onlyone that has noticed this in my area.....

Chances are you are correct about the sites being updated.  Usually switch updates are pushed during off peak hours.  Maintenance windows are usually during late night, when there is less load on the sites. 

hats 

Chances are you are correct about the sites being updated.  Usually switch updates are pushed during off peak hours.  Maintenance windows are usually during late night, when there is less load on the sites. 

Thats what I was thinking, again I am not totally sure. For me it usually happens around 1AM and lasts about 5 mins max.

hats 

Thats what I was thinking, again I am not totally sure. For me it usually happens around 1AM and lasts about 5 mins max.

I'm not sure on a lot of the new equipment deployed with the Network Vision upgrades, but on the old Lucent Mod 4.0 gear a restart command would take around that time for the radios to fire up again.  

I'm not sure on a lot of the new equipment deployed with the Network Vision upgrades, but on the old Lucent Mod 4.0 gear a restart command would take around that time for the radios to fire up again.  

Well since the htcguy brought it up, I never really bothered me.  Still doesn't but I always wondered what was going on.... lol.....  The towers in my city are full builds, just no 800 because of the border (darn border!) All new equipment too.

Well since the htcguy brought it up, I never really bothered me.  Still doesn't but I always wondered what was going on.... lol.....  The towers in my city are full builds, just no 800 because of the border (darn border!) All new equipment too.

Well my area has had the builds and I'm enjoying some 800, but we are waiting on backhaul...

Some day I guess.  When I'm traveling I enjoy the speed of the LTE.