South Korea: 300Mbps LTE-A and Multiband Carrier Aggregation

MrZorbatron

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/20/sk-telecom-lte-a-300-mbps/

Just something to think about while we are being gimped more and more with single radio, non SVDO, non SVLTE, crippled junk.

I don't believe for a minute that a single radio with a single signal path will improve reception as Sprint claims, simply because the antenna tuning should be different between bands.  I further do not believe the battery implications that they claim multiple radios to entail.  These South Koreans obviously don't believe it either.  Further, multi-band aggregation would assure a smooth handoff between bands, while Sprint's band to band handoff is nowhere near smooth.

Sorry, just saw this today on Engadget and it reminded me to rant about a topic that has been on my mind for a long time.

Blah, blah, blah. Poor examples. The Korean handsets, too, will be single radio, hence non SVDO, non SVLTE, since they will be 3GPP only. Regardless, those factors are not relevant to carrier aggregation.

AJ

...and cave higher site density with lower cost.

No, the higher population density living in caves is North Korea.

AJ