Sprint & NTELOS settle

Rickie546

NTELOS settles with Sprint, shares +9.7% AH 4:24 PM

• The settlement is related to NTELOS' (NTLS) comprehensive wholesale service agreement with Sprint (S). Financial terms are undisclosed, but NTELOS does state the settlement resolves a data rate dispute going back to 2011, and "historical billing disputes" raised in 2012. (PR)
  • NTELOS says the settlement establishes a basis from which the companies "can extend and expand [their] partnership beyond the current term." NTELOS' shares crashed last month on an FBR report indicating Sprint plans to "overbuild" capacity in Virginia/West Virginia territory now covered by its NTELOS deal.
  • NTELOS expects to record a $9.6M Q3 adjusted EBITDA gain related to the deal, largely thanks to the reversal of an accrual related to its Sprint dispute.

From Seekingalpha.com

• Like 1

Wow was really expecting an overbuild. Now hopefully ntelos gets its head out of its arse and gets onboard with NV.

Yea me too!! If it doesn't, u better believe sprint will over bulid. They arent messing around with network vision and now that they got a new sugar daddy. They are going to be in good shape in a few year or less :)

Wow was really expecting an overbuild. Now hopefully ntelos gets its head out of its arse and gets onboard with NV.

I had actually been anticipating an acquisition. I figured the overbuilding rumors were only put out there to prod nTelos into a sale on terms more favorable for Sprint. That may still eventually end up happening, since nTelos is the last participant in Sprint's "Strategic Roaming Alliance", and that is a program Sprint seems to be looking to discontinue.

I don't think sprint would have renewed jack without some reassurance they will also supply LTE demands for us in ntelos badlands.

I wonder if it will affect the NTelos rate structure to customers.  I would hate to think the NTelos customers will have to give up the extra money they can use to get access to the Rooftop Pool full of bikini clad models with a live mariachi band playing.  

(That's an NTelos ad for those who haven't seen it lol)

• Like 1

I wonder if it will affect the NTelos rate structure to customers. I would hate to think the NTelos customers will have to give up the extra money they can use to get access to the Rooftop Pool full of bikini clad models with a live mariachi band playing.

I'm guessing that means they've finally gotten rid of the redhead teen with braces. Or else this ad campaign is really narrowly aimed at the creepster demographic.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I wonder if it will affect the NTelos rate structure to customers.  I would hate to think the NTelos customers will have to give up the extra money they can use to get access to the Rooftop Pool full of bikini clad models with a live mariachi band playing.  

I'm guessing that means they've finally gotten rid of the redhead teen with braces. Or else this ad campaign is really narrowly aimed at the creepster demographic.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

This discussion would mean so much more with youtube clips...

• Like 1