Any way on iPad to check what type of cellular connection you are using?

mikepolinske

I have a 64GB iPad 4 WiFi + Cellular and I know on Android there is the SignalCheck Pro app to determine your signal strength, etc. Is there any way to do this on the iPad?

If you are jailbroken, then check out Signal 2 in Cydia. Otherwise, no.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Is there any way to do this on the iPad?

No, for wireless network diagnostics, your problem is that you have an iPad.  You got Jobbed.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

No, for wireless network diagnostics, your problem is that you have an iPad. You got Jobbed.

AJ

Tim Cook is trying to reverse parts of Jobs' archaic locks on iOS.

• Like 1

Tim Cook is trying to reverse parts of Jobs' archaic locks on iOS.

Until then, your goose is Cooked.

Whoa ho, I am on a roll tonight!

AJ

• Like 5

If you are jailbroken, then check out Signal 2 in Cydia. Otherwise, no.

Unfortunately I am no jailbroken.

No, for wireless network diagnostics, your problem is that you have an iPad.  You got Jobbed.

AJ

The quality of the apps on the iPad are much better than on Android.  I have a wi-fi only Nexus 7, which I also like.  I just wish iOS were a little more open.

The quality of the apps on the iPad are much better than on Android.

Just not access to engineering screen apps...

;)

AJ

So funny I forgot to laugh.

What is funny is that you apparently take offense at an established fact: the iPad is too locked down to allow access to engineering screens that are the lifeblood of wireless network observers.

AJ

• Like 3

What is funny is that you apparently take offense at an established fact: the iPad is too locked down to allow access to engineering screens that are the lifeblood of wireless network observers.

AJ

While I certainly agree, AJ, There aren't any engineering screens on the Nexus 7 either, correct?

While I certainly agree, AJ, There aren't any engineering screens on the Nexus 7 either, correct?

It does not have a cellular baseband, making engineering screens irrelevant.

AJ

You Apple sheep are annoying. If you don't like the facts, write the Apple CEO a letter, or buy from another platform.

You act like he insulted your wife or bullied your first born. Give it a break.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You Apple sheep are annoying. If you don't like the facts, write the Apple CEO a letter, or buy from another platform.

Annoying? Please don't come in here saying things like that. In all respect, I like both platforms, but like iOS better because I'm used to it, and for me the less problems I have with my mobile phone, the better.

Annoying? Please don't come in here saying things like that. In all respect, I like both platforms, but like iOS better because I'm used to it, and for me the less problems I have with my mobile phone, the better.

Then you arent one of those annoying sheep. Trying to drag the Nexus 7 into a ipad discussion in an attempt to bash it, just so the ipad doesn't seem so bad (which I own one and like it) is annoying. Not everyone who has an IOS device is a sheep in the herd of job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Then you arent one of those annoying sheep. Trying to drag the Nexus 7 into a ipad discussion in an attempt to bash it, just so the ipad doesn't seem so bad (which I own one and like it) is annoying. Not everyone who has an IOS device is a sheep in the herd of job.

Now when it comes to laptops, I won't buy a windows machine, but have to use Windows on a daily basis for school. No matter how much I hate Windows, I have no choice but to use it as it is here for a while to come.

Even if it did, do you really think that Google would put one on just for Sprint?

Assuming the Nexus 7 comes to Sprint in LTE form, Sprint may request it be done, just like they did for the Galaxy Nexus.

Assuming the Nexus 7 comes to Sprint in LTE form, Sprint may request it be done, just like they did for the Galaxy Nexus.

It's certainly possible, but the Galaxy Nexus situation was kinda messed up so I hate to take much of it into account.

Says the person that calls Apple users "sheep."

I never called all Apple users sheep. I own an ipad, and I can guarantee you, I know not all are sheep. Those who think IOS is the right hand of God himself are the sheep.

I never called all Apple users sheep. I own an ipad, and I can guarantee you, I know not all are sheep. Those who think IOS is the right hand of God himself are the sheep.

Nobody in this thread said or implied anything about iOS being God. You're the one that said "you Apple sheep are annoying."

I came to this thread to see if there was a way to do what the original poster was asking since I have an iPad as well. Not to see S4GRU contributing authors and others engage in Android fanaticism and Apple-bashing. They're just operating systems people.

No one bashed Apple.  Thats what your failing to understand here.  He made a joke, and the joke was based on fact.  no bashing, no whining.  The sheep mentality saw his response as threatening to the apple platform, which, it wasnt.

Im done here.  Im going to play on my ipad.