Ericsson Wooden Crate?

I drove down a dirt road to a local Sprint tower here in Endwell today. (Upstate NY Central) I know the tower is shared with either AT&T or Verizon, just not sure which.

This tower has not had any upgrades done, not even 3G yet, per the maps in the sponsor section.

When I looked behind the fence, I spotted a huge wooden crate at the base of the tower with Ericsson stamped on the side. It looked like it was a shipment. Is it possible this was a crate full of antennas for the impending upgrade? Or, since this is an Alcatel/Lucent site, perhaps not involved with Sprint at all?

Maybe I'll get a pic tomorrow. Don't know why I didn't today.

Hoping someone familiar with actual site upgrades can share some input.

Got a picture today, they actually delivered more boxes, on a Saturday oddly enough. The box on the left is the Ericsson crate I saw yesterday, the ones on the right are all labeled Alcatel-Lucent! Are these familiar to anybody?

null-97.jpg

Hoping someone familiar with actual site upgrades can share some input.

Got a picture today, they actually delivered more boxes, on a Saturday oddly enough. The box on the left is the Ericsson crate I saw yesterday, the ones on the right are all labeled Alcatel-Lucent! Are these familiar to anybody?

Your market is Alcatel-Lucent territory, and that is Network Vision equipment, but I'm not sure what Ericsson would have ordered for the same site.

Look for Sprint site code numbers like area sown in the Sponsor section on the boxes. Lots of the contractors here scribble the site code number on the boxes and even the RRU's. If you find one it should pretty well nail it as work for Sprint. The site number would likely be different if it was for another network.

Oh! I did see the site's number written on the side of the ALU boxes. Didn't know that was a Sprint specific number, figured it was the whole tower.

In that case, awesome! Thanks for the identification guys. This is one of the few towers in my area that isn't 3G upgraded yet, so I really can't wait until it goes live.

• Like 2